Damn that PF

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
Just got a call on the mobile from a mate who left early saying my front tyre is flat, damn that PF to hell and back!

Simon
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Is ITB off his bike?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Is ITB off his bike?
    Either that or his disguise is working well. 3 punctures on 3 diferent bikes in the last couple of weeks :(
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Is ITB off his bike?

Looking for a bike trailer to put all his inner tubes in.......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    JonGinge wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Is ITB off his bike?
    Either that or his disguise is working well. 3 punctures on 3 diferent bikes in the last couple of weeks :(

the 2 you had on Saturday don't really count as 2 do they?

the connecting chain pin decided it wanted to escape.. the holding bolt went, luckily I was near a local diy shop and got a temporary nut and bolt till I buy a power link... must do that actually
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Clever Pun wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Is ITB off his bike?

the 2 you had on Saturday don't really count as 2 do they?

the connecting chain pin decided it wanted to escape.. the holding bolt went, luckily I was near a local diy shop and got a temporary nut and bolt till I buy a power link... must do that actually
    The 2nd on sat was just taking the p!ss, but not counted in the 3. Got home, whipped the tube out: nada, no puncture. Reassembled and it's still inflated now. Curiously annoying. Grit in the valve seating, probably
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Small shard of glass, biggish hole in tyre, spent ages getting the remians out before putting a dop of rubber glue in the hole to prevent crud getting in......

As an aside, opinions on these thin platic membrane 'P-proof' liners you can get?

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.