Whyte Owners

2»

Comments

• ExeterSimon
    ExeterSimon Posts: 830
    Stav83 wrote:
    Lol, no worries Simon.. couldn't ask for a better pic to compare the Whytes and Marins!

(Although the Mount Vision does have 'designed by Jon Whyte' on the frame, so I 'technically' own a Whyte... lol, do I get a biscuit?)

Or would I have gotten a biscuit if I hadn't just sold the Vision? :oops:

If you just stand next to Yeehaa we'll see what we can do.
    Whyte 905 (2009)
    Trek 1.5 (2009)
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp (2007)
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Sold ;)

:lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Stav83 wrote:
    Lol, no worries Simon.. couldn't ask for a better pic to compare the Whytes and Marins!

(Although the Mount Vision does have 'designed by Jon Whyte' on the frame, so I 'technically' own a Whyte... lol, do I get a biscuit?)

Or would I have gotten a biscuit if I hadn't just sold the Vision? :oops:

If you just stand next to Yeehaa we'll see what we can do.
  • ExeterSimon
    OK...as creator of this thread I have decided that anything MTB related touched by the geniae of Jon Whyte or Ian Alexander gets a look in...but...there is a caveat.

If I don't like the Whyte Portobello commuter when it's launched next month both Yeehaamcgee and Stav83 have to go and buy a Whyte. Doesn't matter which model but it has to be a Whyte (not a wolfsridge in sheeps clothing).

Deal?
    Whyte 905 (2009)
    Trek 1.5 (2009)
  • Beardface
    If I don't like the Whyte Portobello commuter when it's launched next month both Yeehaamcgee and Stav83 have to go and buy a Whyte. Doesn't matter which model but it has to be a Whyte (not a wolfsridge in sheeps clothing).
    Deal?
    Lol!! The missus would kill me, still waiting for the Carbon 456 frame to arrive, spent another godknowshowmuch today on bits.. 8)

But, I've always wanted the PRST, just cos of the marmite looks, so I could be up for that... :P
  • Anonymous
    Oh, but I'm poor, that's why I ride the wolfridge! :lol:
  • ExeterSimon
    Stav83 wrote:
    Deal?
    Lol!! The missus would kill me, still waiting for the Carbon 456 frame to arrive, spent another godknowshowmuch today on bits.. 8)

But, I've always wanted the PRST, just cos of the marmite looks, so I could be up for that... :P

Good shout...we need a PRST photo!
    Whyte 905 (2009)
    Trek 1.5 (2009)
  • Beardface
    Lol, as true as that is, I don't think I could justify it just for that purpose.. :lol:
  • RallyBiker
    RallyBiker Posts: 378
    DSC00139-1.jpg
    My steed on a cold Marin Trail!
  • Anonymous
    well there's another link between Marin and Whyte :lol:

(erm, about your sig? Pam fyswn i isho prynu llyfant? Ydio rhyw fath o joc cyfrinachol fatha "Wban Crw"?)
  • RallyBiker
    RallyBiker Posts: 378
    well there's another link between Marin and Whyte :lol:

(erm, about your sig? Pam fyswn i isho prynu llyfant? Ydio rhyw fath o joc cyfrinachol fatha "Wban Crw"?)

Haws ei brynu na'i ddal !
  • Anonymous
    erm, wel, yndi, ond dwi dal ddim cweit yn deall!
  • petercarm
    petercarm Posts: 68
    Don't have the E5 any more. At the time I had a 46 as well. Don't have that any more. Just the E120 in my stable now.

e120_and_e5.jpg

This was when it had just been built. It is a little bit different now: Reba Team Maxle Light instead of the Pushed Revelation Dual Air. XTR chainset instead of K-Force light. Thomson post instead of Maverick. Hope Pro II 819s instead of Crossmax ST. The RP23 has been Pushed too, so is super plush - perhaps a little too plush.

just_built.jpg
  • Hi Folks,
    Was trawling around to see who's got any Whyte's and whats going on and found this thread.

Just bought an ex-demo E120 Trail '09. Is rather sweet. Still sorting out the suss settings and tyre pressures but getting there. (Previous bike old school GT i-drive XCR3000 from 1999 but with nearly all parts upgraded)

Found the E120 front end rather light on steep hills (more than I remember during test rides) - is this my riding position? FYI running 2.25 Cinders with 45psi. Also knocked and broke the nearside QR lever on the rear BigGripper. Is this a common event?

Cheers,
    Andrew.
  • i currently own a whyte prst 1 which i am trying to sell anyone interested please bell me on 07581735530
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    46 is one of the all time greats.... my mate still has his and loves it... must say it is sweet!
    I like bikes and stuff