Why does it make me so happy?

Notsolittlemisssunshine
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
I got a phonecall from the LBS today asking when I'd like to pick up my new bike (I've had a Giant Rapid 3 on order for 2 weeks). I said now but unfortunately it hadn't even been built so have to wait patiently till the end of the week before I can pick it up and have a play.
Why on earth does the thought of doing an 23 mile round commute make me so happy?

Comments

• Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Welcome to the club 8)
  • Thank you :)
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    I can't describe why, it just does :lol: If pressed I love the feeling of freedom it gives and the smug sense of superiority I have over all those car drivers sat in traffic.

But most of all I just love riding my bike more than anything, is that wrong :oops:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Nope. Eyes glaze over when I talk about cycling, so I'm restricting such talk to here and other cyclists :lol:
  • How many drivers say the commute is the best part of the day?

How many drivers extend their journey if the weather's nice and you fancy a pootle?

Best of all is the thinking time. All the while I'm going "Parked car, careful, kids near the crossing, engine behind me" but at the same time just thinking organising thoughts and sorting things out in my head as I cycle.

Earworms help too, today has mostly been Status Quo for some weird reason.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Of course its not wrong. How can it be wrong when it feels so right?

I find that I do some of my best thinking when I'm on my bike even though at the front of my mind are the usual traffic issues that mybreakfastconsisted mentioned. Many a personal problem has been worked through whilst cycling. I never get that when I'm driving, even though I enjoy driving too.

Todays Earworm was from Sometimes I Rhyme Slow by Nice and Smooth (early 90's hip hop), but I change the lyrics to Sometimes I Ride Slow, Sometimes I Ride Quick. Youtube here

This gives me an idea for a topic. Earworms with the Youtube link. Hmmm...
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!