My cousin highly recommends....

sophsoph
sophsoph Posts: 24
edited June 2010 in MTB general
BOLIVIA! (of all places)

..has anyone here ever gone riding in Bolivia? my cousin went about 2 weeks ago and he said it was insane, super fun and really pretty. Well he said awesome but i'm a girl so pretty it is! He also said the girls were all "FIT" too.. :roll: honestly you guys..!

He noticed a vid in a mag i was reading after being recommended it on here that looks JUST like where him and his mates were riding.. Makes me want to go but im a big of a newbie..to spend that much ££££

Video is on the bottom left i think: http://www.imbikemag.com/issue5/?page=31

What's the best place/country you've been riding abroad?

xx

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Sierra Nevada mountains in Spain and Blue mountains in Jamaica both utterly awesome.

Bolivia looks like it could be a bit unforgiving one wobble and its going to be about 2 minutes before you hit the ground :lol:
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • mikee1979
    mikee1979 Posts: 151
    Bolivia is an amazing country, although the only biking I did there though was down the Mountain Road that was in Top Gear and another one that was basically a smooth road all the way down a another mountain. Would recommend Bolivia to anyone, biking or not.
    And yep the the women were hot, especially in Sucre and Santa Cruz :D
  • ExeterSimon
    ExeterSimon Posts: 830
    sophsoph wrote:
    BOLIVIA! (of all places)

..has anyone here ever gone riding in Bolivia? my cousin went about 2 weeks ago and he said it was insane, super fun and really pretty. Well he said awesome but i'm a girl so pretty it is! He also said the girls were all "FIT" too.. :roll: honestly you guys..!

He noticed a vid in a mag i was reading after being recommended it on here that looks JUST like where him and his mates were riding.. Makes me want to go but im a big of a newbie..to spend that much ££££

xx

For me either coming down Mount Teide in Tenerife (offroad 90% of the way on very varied terrain) or Ka'a'awa Valley and Hakipu'u Valley in Oahu, Hawaii.

Although the riding in Oahu wasn't the best I've done, being able to ride around where they filmed Lost, Jurassic Park, Godzilla etc was pretty special.

Nearer to home I really don't think you can beat Dartmoor. Biased I know.....
    Whyte 905 (2009)
    Trek 1.5 (2009)
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp (2007)
  • stayhigh65
    stayhigh65 Posts: 611
    Look fantastic, very twisty and fast but you wouldnt want to go wide would you, that'd be coyote time for sure
    Wow great ship man. Looks like a fish, flies like a fish, steers like a cow.

HECKLER
    exercise.png
  • yoohoo999
    yoohoo999 Posts: 940
    Oahu, Hawaii.

I did that this year. I go out to Hawaii most years for Xmas/NY, but never ride simply because I hadn't heard too many amazing things and it's quite a bit of effort for average riding.

I stay at the Kahala and got talking to one of the hotel staff this year about riding and he said that he usually rides up at St Louis Heights and that there were loads of "world class" DH trails. He didn't have much to compare with, but I thought it was worth a punt anyway.

On my last day I hired a DH rig from a shop near St Louis Heights and met the lad and a couple of his mates.

Oh my, how wrong could I have been! Completely underestimated it! It was truly insane. Very very fast some of it was really techy DH. I was absolutely bricking it. The guys in the shop said that one of the trails used to be a US circuit DH course.

I would defo recommend it next time you're out there. Lots and lots to play on in that area.
  • ExeterSimon
    ExeterSimon Posts: 830
    It wasn't until I got back that I found out exactly what Oahu had to offer.

I didn't do any research before I went as, being my honeymoon, I had a different kind of riding planned....
    Whyte 905 (2009)
    Trek 1.5 (2009)
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp (2007)
  • sophsoph wrote:
    BOLIVIA! (of all places)

xx

Oh MAN! thanks for sharing that video. Pretty epic. Made me want to walk out of work and go riding haha. Unfortunately i don't work in bolivia....
  • sophsoph
    sophsoph Posts: 24
    sophsoph wrote:
    BOLIVIA! (of all places)

xx

Oh MAN! thanks for sharing that video. Pretty epic. Made me want to walk out of work and go riding haha. Unfortunately i don't work in bolivia....

np phoenix, glad you liked it! Planning on going or no cash?? :(