Luc Leblanc

inseine
inseine Posts: 5,788
edited June 2010 in Pro race
I rode la Limousine sportive yesterday and Leblanc was also riding. He's from Limoges and now rides for a local club. He stopped at our table after the event because I was riding with one of his teammates. Seems like a really nice blokes though he said he had (not especially fond!) memories of riding the Tour in England and that Sean Yates was a good friend.
He's says he's not been doing much, though his 7th place seemed OK to me!

Comments

• disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Stuff like that is ace! Laurent Jalabert was in the top 20 on the Marmotte when I rode it a few years ago, you'd think he'd have had enough of that to last a lifetime.

I did a similar event in the Pyrennees last year and hung on to the back of a group being dragged along by Nicolas Jalabert and Nicolas Porte until 1km from the top of Horcette, after that they put an hour into me!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    There was something about Leblanc realising he'd won the worlds and national championships, but not his regional one. So he was egged on by his brother into a comeback and his brother started riding with him, only he bailed out in the regional championships but is still riding.
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    Did you ask him what Monica and Rachael are like in real life?