Airport transfers from Nice

pdstsp
pdstsp Posts: 1,264
edited June 2010 in Tour & expedition
Hi all - two of us are off to the Alpes Maritimes in a week or so, flying to Nice and staying about 15km away in Vence. Really trying to avoid the hassle of car hire as we only need to transfer to the hotel. I've done some research but many of the quotes for a taxi/shuttle transfer are asking over £150 which seems a little steep.

Does anyone have any experience of any of these companies or can offer any other recommendation bearing in mind we will have bags and two bikes!

Thanks in advance

Paul

Comments

• jc4lab
    jc4lab Posts: 554
    Had a folder and for me easy and used the bus but passed the airport cycling past the next day..An easy flat ride along the coast to be honest and a large part of it has cyclepath .
    jc
  • pdstsp
    Thanks jc4lab - problem is luggage and bike bags - would rather get it all up to Vence. The local buses don't seem to allow bikes on board so I guess we are going to have to hire a car or pay for an expensive transfer - still, c'est la vie, - just hoped someone would have the magic answer of a cheap minibus man. I don't suppose they exist on the Cote d'Azur :lol:
  • Hi

I didnt think the cabs were that expensive when we used them to Vence about 2 years ago. I reckon its the easiest way to get to Vence

Have you been before? Its a great wee town - the walled part of towns really good too. Its also interesting cycling the Ironman France course which passes through Vence to Gourdon.

Another recommendation is to head to gillette - which has great views ver the Var valley - and a great bar/cafe
  • jc4lab
    jc4lab Posts: 554
    Opps! Sorry for disinformation here..answered as if you were staying in Nice centre..
    jc
  • pdstsp
    Thanks fiftyacorns - I think we'll take a flier and pick up a cab at the airport rather than prebooking.

No worries jc4lab - I was wondering about your definition of "flat" :D