Now I know what all the hype is about going fixed

andy83
andy83 Posts: 1,558
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
Well here it is, my newest edition. Im so glad I managed to get another bike, this time last year ordered a new bike to go with my other one that id use for commuting then my first got nicked

Now i know what all the hype about going fixed is. It was bloody awesome. im going to practice a little more as a couple of miles from my moms today and i must admit at one stage I had to have legs to the side as i forgot to keep pedaling so had to let bike slow down a bit. I felt a plum but its a learning curve. The one thing I noticed was that it was a lot harder work and i could really feel myself working. I also got a fixie for training purposes so this is what i wanted. Two days off bike due to road bike being repaired andhad to sort shed out tonight so could get bikes in but will be making up for it the weekend :)

I live in birmingham and it can be hilly so normal routes i do ie commute to work etc ill be doing dry runs on days off to test the time and if 21 miles is to much

ST835122.JPG

ST835123.JPG

ST835124.JPG

yes i know the bell is still on it, i will be taking it off

ST835125.JPG

and some upgrades on my main bike

ST835127.JPG

some nice new wheels and tyres

ST835128.JPG

An ultegra cassette, I prob didnt need this one but they werent getting any new ones til tuesday and i wanted my bike!

ST835131.JPG

Comments

• CometGirl
    CometGirl Posts: 2,681
    Looks good. :)

Riding with gears does seem easier after riding fixed for a while.
  • rf6
    rf6 Posts: 323
    Nice looking fixie that. I fitted spd's to mine to avoid the comedy legs out, pedal spinning look!
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Definitely need some form of foot retention. I couldn't imagine riding fixed without it.
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    I have been out a little bit on it again but definitely need to get some spds for it.

Its absolutly lovely to ride and so so much fun just need to get a speedo on it now so i can get my times etc