Dahon Folding Bike

mike ives
mike ives Posts: 319
edited June 2010 in Road general
I recently purchased a second hand Dahon Speed Pro TT and have since noticed that when changing gear, the chain flips/whips slightly and in doing so catches the chainstay. It seems to happen when the chain is between the two sprockets and is not under load. As a result the paintwork has now become damaged.

When the gear is engaged there appears to be enough tension on the chain and all the components on the bike seem to be original, as supplied when new.

Has anyone experienced similar or have any suggestions as to how to stop this happening?

Comments

• stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    mike ives wrote:
    I recently purchased a second hand Dahon Speed Pro TT and have since noticed that when changing gear, the chain flips/whips slightly and in doing so catches the chainstay. It seems to happen when the chain is between the two sprockets and is not under load. As a result the paintwork has now become damaged.

When the gear is engaged there appears to be enough tension on the chain and all the components on the bike seem to be original, as supplied when new.

Has anyone experienced similar or have any suggestions as to how to stop this happening?

Not had anything like that on my Jetstream (had it for 2 1/2 years)- chain drops, yes, but not 'chain whips'. I'd say take it to a Dahon dealer (or at least a decent LBS) and get it checked out.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • mike ives
    mike ives Posts: 319
    Mnay thnaks for the reply. I think I will send dahon an email and possibly take it down to the local LBS as suggested.

Cheers