why do I...

NGale
NGale Posts: 1,866
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
get stupidly excited when watching cycle racing on the TV (watching the Exeter leg of the Tour Series which I couldn't get to last night) and think 'I want a road bike, I want a road bike, I want a road bike' when a cyclo cross is really farrrrrr more practical for commuting to work?
Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men

Comments

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Get both :D

Why do you have to be practical?
  • Road bikes are plenty practical. And fun.
  • NGale
    I have to be practical, it's called money :lol:
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    OK then. Save up and get the CX, then tell family/friends/workmates you want a road bike so money as a present please. Sorted :lol:
  • NGale
    Cafewanda wrote:
    OK then. Save up and get the CX, then tell family/friends/workmates you want a road bike so money as a present please. Sorted :lol:

yeah but then my friends and family are annoyingly practical and would say that I have two bikes already :lol:
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    NGale wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:

yeah but then my friends and family are annoyingly practical and would say that I have two bikes already :lol:

I have a CX bike and a road bike 8)

I'm not really helping am I? :P
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • NGale
    NGale wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:

I have a CX bike and a road bike 8)

I'm not really helping am I? :P[/quote

nooo not really :lol:

I see your reasoning, anyone none cycling would though. :lol:
  • hells
    hells Posts: 175
    I have 6 bikes, 2x road, 1x HT MTB, 1x FS MTB, 1x CX, 1x ss. I can easily justify all of them. Best way to justify having a CX and a roadie is to say you need the CX for commuting (mine can take a rack) and for if it snows again and for light off roading and maybe CX racing. You need a road bike becuase they are faster and you might start racing? Don't know if your srvice does it by London Ambulance Service have a deal with Evans where you get 10% off and you can get a bike loan (but not like the cycle to work as you don't get the tax reduction) which is interest free and is paid off in 10 months. TBH the bike loan is abit pants becuase anyone can buy a bike with a 0% finance option through evans as well.
    Scott Addict R2 2010
    Trek 1.7 compact 2009
    Tank race elite 2007
    Marin Alpine trail 2007
    Specalized Langster 2010
    Kona Jake the Snake
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    It's because of watching cycle racing I've ended up hundreds poorer than I would be had I not.

Stupid TdF making me want to start cycling again :wink:
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,358
    NGale wrote:
    get stupidly excited when watching cycle racing on the TV

I'd stay away from ITV4 in July then.

It could get expensive
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    You knew how we were going to answer that.....and we're right. Just buy a road bike. :)
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011