BMC pro machine SLC01

reppohkcor
reppohkcor Posts: 111
edited June 2010 in Your road bikes
I'm getting this delivered tomorrow.... Does anyone have much experience with one???

SLC01_teamwhite_BX_01.jpg

No changes will be made to start with:

Frame: ISC with Pure Carbon unidirectional Tubing
Fork: Easton EC90 SL - X Full carbon CNT, 1 - 1/8"
Groupset: Full Ultegra
Chainset: Shimano Ultegra 53-39 - 12-27 Cas
Handlebars: Easton EC90 OS Carbon
Stem: Easton EC90 OS
Wheels: Fulcrum Racing 3
Tyre: Continental Attack/ Force
Saddle: Selle Italia Flite Ti
Seatpost: Fulcrum Racing 3

approx weight 53cm - 6.8kg[/img]

Comments

• Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    I've had an SLC01 for a year now and love it (in red/black cos it makes a difference).

When funds allow you may like to consider a wheel upgrade though to get the most out of it.

Only thing to say is that the claimed wieght of 6.8kgs in that spec might be a little ambitious. I did mine in custom high end parts and it comes in at 6.9kgs. Although its such a beautiful bike to ride you wont notice the couple of hundred grams..

It's got great handling so you can put it through a bend at high speed and it tracks perfectly. Good stiffness for drive and comfortable.

I'll post a pick of mine shortly.

Love to hear how you get on with it.

Enjoy.
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • reppohkcor
    reppohkcor Posts: 111
    Myk-ee wrote:
    I've had an SLC01 for a year now and love it (in red/black cos it makes a difference).

When funds allow you may like to consider a wheel upgrade though to get the most out of it.

Only thing to say is that the claimed wieght of 6.8kgs in that spec might be a little ambitious. I did mine in custom high end parts and it comes in at 6.9kgs. Although its such a beautiful bike to ride you wont notice the couple of hundred grams..

It's got great handling so you can put it through a bend at high speed and it tracks perfectly. Good stiffness for drive and comfortable.

I'll post a pick of mine shortly.

Love to hear how you get on with it.

Enjoy.

It'll be the race bike so I shall be upgrading the wheels eventually. Indeed I'm not too fussed about having the lightest bike, but the weight seems pretty good for a mountain goat like me!

I'll take some proper photos tomorrow - I cannot wait. Its a fairly huge upgrade to what I am training on at the moment.
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    reppohkcor wrote:
    I'll take some proper photos tomorrow - I cannot wait. Its a fairly huge upgrade to what I am training on at the moment.

Agreed, weight isn't everything.

I went from a custom steel to this but test rode quite a few before I went for it. I've got some crazy good wheels arriving Monday so can't wait myself.. :twisted:
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • elevated
    elevated Posts: 126
    Good choice! :D

I have one too - see other topic below this one.

You'll love it, especially as it's a bit different and there aren't may around. I don't think I've seen another in the flesh.
    BMC Pro Machine | Ribble Gran Fondo | Planet-X SL Pro Carbon | Specialized Langster 2008 | Ribble Winter Sloping | Trek 8000 | Onza Blade 2009

My site » AssosFables :: Assos news & reviews