the count down has started. Fort William this weekend.

nicklouse
nicklouse Posts: 50,675
edited June 2010 in MTB general
"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
Parktools :?:SheldonBrown

Comments

• cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    yessirree...heading on up after work tonight...

secret camping spot..sssshhh...
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Clum84
    Clum84 Posts: 196
    So tempted to go as I've never been before. May just scrap Glentress on sunday and fire up if I can convince everyone else.

Anyone know if it's possible to ride any of the DH courses whilst the event is on?
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'm working in Swansea this weekend :cry:
  • lochussie
    lochussie Posts: 276
    Clum84 wrote:
    Anyone know if it's possible to ride any of the DH courses whilst the event is on?

Yeah, no probs, you only need 20 UCI points.

I think you might be able to test ride bikes on a bit of the red but basically no. Am going to head up just now, practise tomorrorw should be a good watch.
  • Cferg
    Cferg Posts: 347
    Anyone see Reporting Scotland there, they had a bit about it on the weather, saying it should be ok etc with a pic of roadies in the background?!
  • Oxygen Thief
    Oxygen Thief Posts: 649
    Any television coverage?
  • Anonymous
    Only on Freecaster.tv as far as I know. Their coverage is usually better than anything you'll get on television though. Live throughout the final.
  • Oxygen Thief
    Is that as the name suggests? Free?
  • Oxygen Thief
    What time do I tune in please fella? Just checked out the website it looks free. :)
  • Anonymous
    What time do I tune in please fella? Just checked out the website it looks free. :)
    I think for the complete event coverage it's £1 or something. They usually run highlights afterwards which are free. You can pay through paypal if you want.
    Once you've paid your pound, they email you a code which you can use however many times you want, to unlock the full coverage. It doesn't have a time limit, or a watch limit, so you don't have to watch it all in one go.
    It used to be completely free, but they're a small oepration, and have to pay the bills somehow!
  • twas free last year :(
  • Anonymous
    Oh, and the live coverage of the downhill starts at 13:15 on Sunday.
    The 4-cross starts at 8pm on Saturday.

Hmm, it does look like it's free again this time. Maybe they've got more sponsors on board then. :D

EDIT:
    YES, it IS free again! :D
  • Oxygen Thief
    Aye the sponsors should cough up! I'll tune in and see what the craic is. It's only a quid anyway so all good. Cheers.
  • Johnny Napalm
    Johnny Napalm Posts: 1,458
    I think it's free, but if it were a quid, then I'd pay it.

A quid for watching dedicated coverage of an event that we love is pretty good when you consider what people pay for terrestrial/Sky tv etc. and the amount of crap that those services air every single day.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • Anonymous
    It does look like it's free again. It cost a pound to watch the Maribor race, but I didn't mind to be honest. The coverage is pretty damned good, and a quid os more than reasonable.
    Hopefully I'll reach my hotel (and thye'll have WiFi) in time, so I can watch the 4x.
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    where about in swanse aare you working yeehaamcgee?

if youv got your bike with you and are planning a bit of riding action up at clyne or Kilvey i might well spot you from afar..... :wink: As for the WC, ill be siiting down with a big bowl of "warner corn" tonight and be watching the 4X....

and trying to disturb me after 1.15 tomorow is a bad idea.... c'mon Peaty!!!!!

also Greg minnaar... i have safa relatives, and am a bit of a fan of the man. Oh, and Rach Atherton will be getting my FULL suport as A. she's MIGHTY fine, B. She's the only good british girl other than mosely, and mosely isnt exactly pretty. And C. she's hot. and seems a nice person.

i alos like Chris kovaric, sam blenkinsop and aaron gwin, they'v all got really cool, loose styles and Kovaric is Just ultra cool
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Anonymous
    I haven't got any time for riding, I'm afraid. I'm travelling down this evening, then recording all day in the Brangwyn Hall tomorrow, then travelling home again.
  • Anonymous
    I can't see many true competitors for Rachel Atherton this year really. Provided she doesn't get injured, she's virtually guaranteeed to be topping the championship.
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    I can't see many true competitors for Rachel Atherton this year really. Provided she doesn't get injured, she's virtually guaranteeed to be topping the championship.
    dead right.
    well if you see a well built and stunningly handsome young lad on either GT agressor XCR with mavic 3.1d's and magura thor's, or a Specialized Hardrock fram in the "grafity" paintjob with wtb sx24 wheels, marzocchi MX 120mm's and running 1x9 then its me, and give me a shout.... i live 30 secs from brangwyn hall, and regularily hit up some street spots around there....
    ill also be wearing a "matt olive fade " (green, with darker green tree's on it) Giro Xen... and, most likely brown, orange and blue billabong shorts.....

there's a description, so if you see me, its, well, me.
    :lol:
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Anonymous
    ok!
    Well, I'll be a bloke with long red hair (tied back, I can't wear headphones when it's down), probably wearing a weird fish T-shirt, carrying gear from a silver van, with a messy goatee :lol:
  • Johnny Napalm
    Johnny Napalm Posts: 1,458
    Josh, could you please be a little more specific! :lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • Anonymous
    damnit, why does it have to happen so close to my exams :(
  • hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    Really nice head cam footage of a run of the 2010 course this year by Dirt TV here;

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/dirttvfort-w ... -2010.html