Help/witness required -London

proto
proto Posts: 1,483
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
Nothing to do with me and might be utter bollocks, but ...............

http://cyclistneedshelp.blogspot.com/

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,412
    If true, that's pretty serious - sounds like he should get in touch with Crimewatch or something similar.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    There is more to thatstory than meets the eye.

The CPS wouldn't prosecute with one word against the other, especially where D is the one who comes off the worst.

You are only getting one side of a story here, and it is clear that significant facts are not being told
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,412
    spen666 wrote:

The CPS wouldn't prosecute with one word against the other, especially where D is the one who comes off the worst.

You are only getting one side of a story here, and it is clear that significant facts are not being told

Thought that sounded a bit fishy.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    spen666 wrote:

You know...I think you might be right.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Why did the "victim" not get the details of the witness that dissappreared?
    Why would the CPS prosecute the cyclist with only the Taxi drivers word?

Very strange.....
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689

Very strange.....

Taxi driver has a witness. Well a witness, the passenger in the taxi, that would seem to favour the Taxi driver...

It does seem strange that what could be claimed to be attempted murder is now a case against the cyclist...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Wallace1492
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Very strange.....

Taxi driver has a witness. Well a witness, the passenger in the taxi, that would seem to favour the Taxi driver...

It does seem strange that what could be claimed to be attempted murder is now a case against the cyclist...

Passenger in the car behind, not in the taxi. According to cyclist, this witness "only" saw a scuffle and perhaps a punch, though not one landing. So this infers that the cyclist may have thrown a punch that did not land, as they do not say the witness is wrong. Also referring to "damming" photographic evidence of bruises - it would only be damming if it showed how the bruising was acquired.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Very strange.....

Passenger in the car behind, not in the taxi. According to cyclist, this witness "only" saw a scuffle and perhaps a punch, though not one landing. So this infers that the cyclist may have thrown a punch that did not land, as they do not say the witness is wrong. Also referring to "damming" photographic evidence of bruises - it would only be damming if it showed how the bruising was acquired.

Oh sorry I must have misread the link. I'm not sure a punch landing or not has any bearing unless the landed punch caused exceptional damage. It's still a crime isn't it?

If he does have significant brusing around the neck then standard process would be to get an expert to determine whether or not the bruising was a result of being strangled. They should/may/might be able to determine the age of the bruising and link it to the assualt/attempted murder.

Mrs DDD does this all the time for, er, work.

But we are speculating and as Spen said to be impartial we would need to here the full details from all parties involved and possibly a few witnesses as well.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Wallace1492
    Agreed DDD, I was just trying to make the point that the testimony from the cyclist leaves a lot to be desired, and leaves you with plenty of questions that need to be asked. Even though it is totally one sided it has so many holes in it, you could build several swiss cheeses.
  • DonDaddyD
    Agreed DDD, I was just trying to make the point that the testimony from the cyclist leaves a lot to be desired, and leaves you with plenty of questions that need to be asked. Even though it is totally one sided it has so many holes in it, you could build several swiss cheeses.

Agreed.
    Food Chain number = 4

• merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    I was involved in an accident a few years ago. Someone drove through a red light.
    A witness from the car behind gave me their details in the form of a compliment slip and tucked it in my pocket. Another 2 foreign witnesses the wrote their details on this slip, had a quick chat and left.
    When the policeman turned up he ignored me until the ambulance arrived and later made it clear to me in hospital who he thought was to blame and told my mum that there were no witnesses except 1 foreigner who couldn't speak a word of English. I was gobsmacked and genuinely believed at that time, that he was in cahoots with the driver (he wasn't he was just lazy). After a week in hospital I got out and managed to find the details of my main witness in my jacket pocket which the policeman had.
    I think the policeman had turned up and seen an accident between a coach driver in his 60s and a 20 year motorcyclist and made his own mind up who was to blame. Why he didn't bother calling my witness I will never know. On realising the view of the copper the coach driver thought it was his birthday and immediately blamed me for everything right up until he was convicted in the same court as this case is being heard! :P
    So I could believe this case is true, unfortunately. :(
  • MadammeMarie
    MadammeMarie Posts: 621

And this time they were wise enough not to allow comments.....