Chain: Shimano HG93
Cassette: Shimano Tiagra
Pedals: Speedplay X2 Stainless
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Hollowtech II

Front Wheel/Hubs/Spokes: Shimano R500A
Tube: N/K
Tire: Continental GP4000S 23mm

Back Wheel: As front

Must admit I wasn't going to bother and post any pics until I'd done a few more upgrades to the standard spec, but it look quite good having cleaned it today.
Specialized Venge S Works
Cannondale Synapse
Enigma Etape
Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Nice one mate!

Splendid choice of bike...
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    yawn
  • macondo01
    macondo01 Posts: 706
    Looking good!

How are the pedals?
    "Let not the sands of time get in your lunch"

National Lampoon
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I bet it needs another clean, after yesterdays ride...

Looks good, Carl...
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Nice, I have a black CAAD5 :-)

How do you find the Charge Spoon saddle on longer rides? I find after about 30 miles on the my current saddle I'm in a good bit of discomfort.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    Macondo01 wrote:
    Looking good!

How are the pedals?

Cheers mate. Given the choice I would have gone for the Liquigas colours like yours. I saw one in the metal for the first time yesterday and it looked lovely. Pictures just don't do it justice. Got such a good deal on mine though so can't complain.

I do like Speedplay pedals mainly because they are so easy to unclip from. The free float feels a bit wierd at first but you get used to it after a couple of rides. I actually got some used ones off Ebay for £50 just to see if I liked them. Absolute bargain compared to the brand new price. One thing I would say is you have to be careful where you put your feet down as any dirt that gets into the cleat will stop you from clipping in. A quick scrape out with a multi tool or rinse your feet in a puddle solves the problem, but it can be a pain. Keep them clean and well lubed they are great pedals in my opinion.
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape

• carl_p
    hopper1 wrote:
    I bet it needs another clean, after yesterdays ride...

Looks good, Carl...

Thanks Hopper. Yes just finished cleaning it... again, well filthy. Kept an eye out for your mate Markos on the Norwich 100 as I thought i would recognise his Orbea and probably VCN jersey. I think he was probably at home with his feet up by the time I finished :lol:
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape

• carl_p
    unixnerd wrote:

How do you find the Charge Spoon saddle on longer rides? I find after about 30 miles on the my current saddle I'm in a good bit of discomfort.

Cheers. The saddle's just about okay on longer rides, however as you can see from the picture it's a bit bucket shaped which has the effect of you pushing towards the front of it. With the CAAD's more aggressive geometry this can put a bit of pressure on your bits, especially when down on the drops. NB my saddle is dead level - either my patio, or neighbours garage wall isn't (see pic) :wink:

It's far better than the stock Fizik Pave which came with it - brought tears to your eyes :cry: Might experiment with some flatter, cut away designs when I have time.
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape

• unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Cheers. The saddle's just about okay on longer rides, however as you can see from the picture it's a bit bucket shaped which has the effect of you pushing towards the front of it. With the CAAD's more aggressive geometry this can put a bit of pressure on your bits, especially when down on the drops. NB my saddle is dead level - either my patio, or neighbours garage wall isn't (see pic) Wink

Try tilting it very slightly forwards, made a big difference to my saddle.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • El Diego
    El Diego Posts: 440
    Very nice...but then I'm biased, I have a black Caad9 too! Mine has Campagnolo Veloce and Mavic Ksyrium wheels and a Fizik Arione saddle. I will post a picture when I've cleaned it up.

Best aluminium road bike frame bar none!
  • gwillis
    gwillis Posts: 998
    unixnerd wrote:

Ive just fitted one to my Scott bike and what a difference £20 makes its so much more comfy. My mate reckons its ugly , my bottom thanks me as does the wallet :D