Dolan MultiCross

NormanPrice
NormanPrice Posts: 34
edited June 2010 in Your road bikes
After six looong weeks I collected my fabulous new Dolan MultiCross this morning. I'm over the moon. :D

Apologies if the pictures aren't that good. The pictures don't do it justice TBH but give a good indication of what she looks like.

photo4mo.jpg

photo3od.jpg

photo2pr.jpg

photoce.jpg

photo1po.jpg

Frame: Dolan MultiCross
Forks: Alpina Carbon
Bars: Outland R31 Eight 44cm
Stem: Deda Big Logo
Headset: Alpina
Bar Tape: Black

Front Brake Lever: SRAM Rival
Front Brake: Frogg Legs
Rear Brake Lever: SRAM Rival
Rear Brake: Frogg Legs

Shifters: SRAM Rival
Cables: Unspecified
Front Mech: SRAM Rival
Rear Mech: SRAM Rival

Seat: Century 100
Seat Post: Alpina Carbon
Seat Post Clamp: Alpina

Cranks: SRAM Rival 175mm
Chainring(s): 50/34 compact
Chain: SRAM
Cassette: 12 - 28
Pedals: Smimano M540
Bottom Bracket: SRAM

Front Wheel: XERO XPR-3 Maravilloso Race
Rim: Maravilloso Race
Spokes: Flat Blade Aero type thingies
Hub: Xero
Tire: Continental Speed King 35mm

Back Wheel: XERO XPR-3 Maravilloso Race
Rim: Maravilloso Race
Spokes: Flat Blade Aero type thingies
Hub: Xero
Tire: Continental Speed King 35mm

Accessories: None - yet

Weight: As yet unknown but will update some time soon.

Other info:I wasn't sure about the white hoods at first but the more I think about it the more I think I should probably have specified white bar tape and a white saddle. Still - very pleased with the look and I love the red wheels. Sets it off quite nicely but not too bling. In fact, quite subtle really.

Took her out for a quick 5 mile blast earlier and she rides wonderfully. Got 35mm knobblies on at the moment as I'm off to Wales for a week tomorrow but when I get back I'll be changing the tyres for 25mm slicks.

I'd considered going for SRAM Force but decided that the extra money wasn't really worth it for what is essentially just minimal weight savings. Most of the mechanicals between Rival and FOrce seem to be the same. I have to say though - I love the carbon fibre brake levers. Unfortunately the pictures don't show this up.

Comments

• gwillis
    gwillis Posts: 998
    lovely bike im thinking about the hercules se at the mo against a planet x still not 100%. Wasnt sure about which groupset either but the difference in weight is minimal
  • Nack
    Nack Posts: 61
    Very nice !

Just out of curiosity, where did you buy the bike from? How much did you pay for the whole thing?

I'm asking as I've been waiting for the Uncle John to show up on the PX site so I'm looking at alternatives !
  • Hi Nack,

I got the bike from Graham Weigh Cycles in Deeside. Google them and you'll get their contact details. If you're nowhere near them then I think they do mail order although it'd be well worth paying them a visit to get fitted for the bike properly.

I gotta hope the wife doesn't read this. The bike was just over a grand. £1045 I think in total. However, you can spec it how you like so it doesn't have to be that much. IIRC, frame was £149, forks were £119, wheels were £200. The rest is made up of the groupset and other incidentals. Obviously there are wheels for a lot less than £200 and you don't have to get carbon seatposts etc so you could probably get a similar fully built bike for around £750-£800.

I have to say I'm impressed with it too. Rides lovely and doesn't weigh all that much either for such a sturdy bike.

Regards