Strap Adjustments to Met Veleno D helmet

steph13
steph13 Posts: 3
edited June 2010 in MTB beginners
Hi forum

I have just purchased a Met Veleno D Helmet which fits perfectly as far as size. The problem Iam having is with the straps. When clicked into place, the main clip joining both the left and right straps is Not directly under the chin, but to the side. I have tried adjusting the strap from the back of the helmet with little or no improvment. Is this position normal for the design or has someone come across a similar issue, if of course it is...an issue.

The strap is not tight. I can easily connect the two and adjust so one or two fingers fit between the strap and chin. Its just the positioning of the lock mechanism.

Thanks for any assistance

Regards

Steve

Comments

• Rindle
    Rindle Posts: 219
    I really wouldn't really worry about it as long as the helmet fits properly. Your unlikley to get it bang in the middle as one side of the strap will always have more adjustment than the other.

I just tried my hemet on which is an met Estro, essentially the Valeno D but without a peak and the clip sits on the left hand side of my jaw.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    pull the plastic tab, at the centre of the helmet near the back, out of the helmet. Then feed some strap through to whichever side needs it. The straps will now be all wonky, so readjust the clips that sit under your ears to get it right.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."