Formula are bloody useless.

agg25
agg25 Posts: 619
edited June 2010 in MTB general
The company that make the brakes that is. Brakes are fantastic but...being Italian and all, their customer service is non existent.
Struggled to find rotors their for 2010 R1 180mm brakes only just finding them after scouring the web for ages. Previously rang a Cube dealer to see if he could get some for me, he rang back saying Formula had an answering machine saying they had packed up till next Wednesday due to the World Cup!
Evans don't have them in stock, CRC don't either despite selling bikes with them fitted.
Bloody useless, no wonder their country's going down the gurgler!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    tried contacting Propel? to see if there are any in the UK?

info at propelbike.com

or use any 180mm disc.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • agg25
    Will do, do you know what other 180mm discs are as good or better than the Formula's?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    TBH a disc is a disc is a disc :wink:

just watch out some wavy 180mm ones need a washer between the adaptor and the caliper to allow for a slightly bigger than 180mm diameter.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546
    Propel used to be terrible, but seemed to improve massivly after I had a word with their USA office.

It was quite obvious that I was the guy who complained, so not sure if the service just improved for me or everyone.

I would reccomend speaking to the guys in the USA, they are very friendly and you get treated like you would expected for a brake of that price.

I should also add, the rotors are nothing special, some people really dislike them (pad eaters).

I would reccomend the floating rotor shimano XT, correct widthbraking track, look good and cheap.
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?
  • agg25
    Like this one? http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... odelID=756
    Ideally would like to keep it all original but the Formula's are £45 each compared to £23 for the Shimano's....hmmm...