Reliability?

dimaria7
dimaria7 Posts: 2
edited June 2010 in MTB general
Everytime I go to ride something is wrong with my new (1 year old hardly ridden) full suspension mountain bike and I can't ride. First, the Rockshox BAR shock went bad, not from riding as I have rarely taken my full-suspension bike off-road, and now once I got the shock replaced the Tektro Auriga brakes (rear disk) will not work (no pressure and need to be bled). Is this normal? Frustrated.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so what did you do to cause the problems?

what happened to the shock?

what happened between the brakes working and not working?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    just fairly common little niggles, get used to it, and in the meantime answer nicks questions so we can help you fix the issues.

:)
    I like bikes and stuff
  • cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546
    I find bikes to be generally really unreliable, but slowly I have workes out what components last and what dont.

Get used to stuff failing and try not to let it spoil your ride
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    I run two bikes one was the base model of the range and the other was the top of the range. The base model has had so many niggles with components and I've done lots of upgrades and by the time I've finished it will be only the frame and gears left of the original build :roll: the top spec model is pretty much spot on all the time, the right parts seem to make a big difference in my opinion.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll: