Beginners in Coventry

jules70
jules70 Posts: 7
edited August 2010 in MTB beginners
Hello there,

Are there any other beginners in Coventry? I'm new to the area and also relatively new to mountain biking. I'm looking for some riding partners who might like easy half day rides.

Jules x

Comments

• belugabob
    belugabob Posts: 158
    I've got a friend in Coventry, who has just started - I might point him to this thread,

If you didn't learn anything today, you weren't paying attention!
  • jules70
    Much appreciated :D

Jules x
  • Not Coventry - but not far away. Nice people

http://www.rugbymountainbikeclub.co.uk/
  • belugabob
    I just found this website...

Godiva TrailRiders

Looks to have the same Ethos as my MTB club, down here in Sussex.

Hope this helps.

• jules70
    Thanks Born and Beluga.

I'd seen the godiva website though not the rugby one. I know this sounds wet but i'm not quite ready to join a club yet. The godiva one seems a bit full of meaty machos :)

I don't mind following good looking men's bottoms around the countryside but i'm not sure I'd be able to keep up with them just yet :lol:

Jules x
  • belugabob
    Jules,

First of all, my apologies for not taking too much notice of your forum ID and therefore not realising that you are a lady.

Secondly, your gender shouldn't be a barrier to getting on in a club - we have several lady members and they are all better than me (But then, that doesn't say much :wink: )

The picture on the Godiva web page suggests that there are at least 3 lady riders.

If the blokes are all big and beefy, and you are petite - you'll probably beat them up the hills. :)

Finally, their website dosn't suggest that you'll encounter much macho behaviour (There will be a few exceptions, though - there always are)
    We ride at the pace of the slowest, never leave stragglers and appreciate that learning is the hard part.
    We're always welcoming to new riders, irrespective of their steed, skill or experience.

I'd suggest that you use the link at the bottom of their home page to ask questions about things that are worrying you.

Whatever the result, I'd just go along to a ride, see how it goes, and make your mind up later.

• jules70
    Hi Beluga,

Are you okay? You're sounding a bit stressed there :o

Jules x
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Indeed, don't worry about keeping up to much at first, fitness will come up fast if you push a little to keep up until you take everyone else apart :p

It's all positive attitude
  • belugabob
    jules70 wrote:
    Hi Beluga,

Jules x

I have no idea what you're on about - I've just re-read my post and can't see any thing that indicates stress.
    Am I missing something :?:

:):):)

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    belugabob wrote:
    jules70 wrote:
    Hi Beluga,

Jules x

I have no idea what you're on about - I've just re-read my post and can't see any thing that indicates stress.
    Am I missing something :?:

:):):)

Me neither :?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • jules70
    I put the post up asking for easy afternoon rides. I'm looking for folks who would enjoy easy afternoon rides.

I don't want to join a club.

I also don't feel the need to push myself. I spent two years living in the beautiful culture of Nepal. People, warmth, happiness, niceness. So I don't want to push myself.

I'm looking for easy afternoon rides :lol:

Jules x
  • krazykayaker
    krazykayaker Posts: 109
    Hi Jules,
    I'm in Coventry and ride at a fairly relaxed pace

what sort of riding are you looking to do? lanes, tracks, bridleways??
    On One Inbred 456
    On One Inbred SS
  • old tart
    old tart Posts: 3
    jules70 wrote:
    I put the post up asking for easy afternoon rides. I'm looking for folks who would enjoy easy afternoon rides.

I also don't feel the need to push myself. I spent two years living in the beautiful culture of Nepal. People, warmth, happiness, niceness. So I don't want to push myself.

Jules x

Hi Jules, I have only just joined this site and am very new to biking of any kind. I have just ordered a bike through the cycle scheme and hope to get it ina couple of weeks. I live in solihull so not far away and am up for doing rides of up to 10miles at the mo although mainly this is gonna be weekends with occasional afternoon off. I am not too fast at present.
  • Tedds
    Tedds Posts: 6
    jules70
    Hi Jules , I've been doing a bit of Mountian biking lately and am going on a course this weekend but would love to have a partner for short local rides if you are interested I only live in Nuneaton so feel free to inbox me . I like to go to Cannock or Leicester way but don't mind road or local trails , not fussed that much with uphill but it has to be done. Did the 26 mile leukamia ride at Brandon last year loved it. Hope to hear from you soon

Sharon :D
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    Hi all, if you are thinking of taking a course away from the testosterone filled men trying to prove to you that they are better than everyone else. We can offer a ladies only private booking (min 3, max 6) of one of our skills courses at Cannock Chase.

Sorry for the free plug, just thought it maybe of interest to you, be good to see more females out there to keep the balances right.
    Craig Rogers
  • Tedds
    Tedds Posts: 6
    will bear that in mind for my next one , do love cannock!
  • Robowns
    Robowns Posts: 74
    jules70 wrote:

Jules x
    He was only trying to help you out, you say you've come from an area of warmth and niceness, how about manners?
  • jules70
    Which bit is't nice? I thanked him for his time. I carefully explained what I was after and why.

It's good to thank people. It's also great to say what you want.

No one did anything wrong as far as I'm concerned.

Jules :D
  • stumpym4
    stumpym4 Posts: 216
    Hi Jules .... the Godiva lots are great bunch , im a member myself , but dont get chance to ride much with them anymore , as i live in birmingham and they are in coventry ( used to work in cov ,which made it easier)
    They have a few female members now , so dont be put off by the look of the site ..
    Ask for martin and have a chat with him, although i think he`s on holday at the moment ....
    tell him stumpy sent you ...

Tony
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    On One 853 single speed
    Pinnacle Arkose 2 - cross bike
    Pinnacle Ramin 3 plus - Bike packing bike
    Cube attain GTC Pro road bike - more relaxed road bike
    Giant scr1 road bike