RPCC ride 5/6 June

london-red
london-red Posts: 1,266
Right you 'orrible lot - it looks like last weekend was a bit of a poor turnout due to some being away for the bank holiday and others choosing to have a lie in :-) Good work Will and Keith for getting out and keeping the RPCC going.

This weekend, the weather's looking splendid and I'm certainly up for a ride if anyone else is up for it.

Sunday is probably better for me this weekend, although this could change so unless Saturday becomes absolutely impossible for me I'll go with the consensus.

What do we think? 60 miler? Something a little different? There's always the Wheeler's Rusper Run route http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=588717

As always:

ø Anyone is welcome to attend

ø Will average somewhere between 16-18 mph

ø No one gets dropped and we'll regroup at the top of hills

ø We'll find a tea and cake stop

Comments

• J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    Sounds like a plan. A new route is always good too. Sunday?
  • Esoteric80
    Esoteric80 Posts: 84
    Yes - I'm in for to Sat. 8am start?
  • london-red
    Actually guys, Saturday's better for me, as it turns out. I'm up for an 8am start if everyone's up for it...

Has anyone got a device that they can upload the .GPX of the route above to so we don't get hopelessly lost? Not that we've decided on it, but it would give us an option...
  • Esoteric80
    Esoteric80 Posts: 84
    Mmmm might be out of this and jumping on to a ride to Cambridge with some non-cycling friends... if I'm not there at 8am tomorrow.

Turnout this week looks poor. Where is everyone?!?!!? :?:
  • london-red
    No idea - thought it would be a bumper turnout with the weather as it is...

Anyhoo, I'll be at Richmond Gate tomorrow morning at 8am if anybody's up for it. Should be a cracker!
  • J09
    I am in for a ride on saturday, but that whole run will be way too much... Also have some problems getting that map to convert to .gpx...
  • london-red
    Sorry if I missed you Jorge - arrived just after 8 and waited for 10 or 15 minutes. You missed a cracker - although it was bloody hard work.

Managed 66 miles at 17.4 average -pretty much alone apart from the spell between Peaslake and Box when I bumped into Berns, Emu and co.
  • J09
    It wasn't you that was late, it was me... Only got there at 8h30... And also only did par laps, home by 10.

Probably will do it tomorrow.
  • thebongolian
    thebongolian Posts: 333
    Sorry to miss it was pushing a Brompton round Scotland and climbing Munros - good fun but sunburned and knackered

Will definitely be out this coming weekend
  • Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    London-Red wrote:
    Sorry if I missed you Jorge - arrived just after 8 and waited for 10 or 15 minutes. You missed a cracker - although it was bloody hard work.

Managed 66 miles at 17.4 average -pretty much alone apart from the spell between Peaslake and Box when I bumped into Berns, Emu and co.

London-Red, hope you got back ok. We pushed pretty hard on the way from Box Hill and my head was spinning from the heat, the pace and the distance covered. 144 kms for me door to door, Spain is going to hurt!
  • london-red
    Thanks Berns - got back in reasonable style (it's amazing what a cup of cha and some flapjack can do :-)

Good to hook up with you guys, even if I was struggling a bit. Think I need to take on more fuel on rides like that...

Until next time!

Will, wondered where you were! Munroe bagging is for old men :D
  • Hey. Do you guys have anything planned for this weekend? I've got a half marathon on Sunday but I could squeeze a ride in on Saturday morning.
  • thebongolian
    thebongolian Posts: 333
    Hey. Do you guys have anything planned for this weekend? I've got a half marathon on Sunday but I could squeeze a ride in on Saturday morning.

New thred up courtesy of Bern: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12707828