ThanksBye Posts: 519
    Who orgnaised the postage?

Jon
    Cotic Soul
    Pearson Hanzo
    Airborne Zeppelin
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    I'm sure someone posted a link to this auction last week... :?
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • adam_s
    adam_s Posts: 25
    Who orgnaised the postage?

Jon

I did, it hasn't been seen since Friday morning when Home delivery network lost it in their main sorting centre. They now admit it is highly unlikely I will ever receive it!

And yes Paulbox this is the thread from last week :D
  • adam_s
    Out of the blue I get a knock at the door and its here :o

Looks great for £65!

photo0805r.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

photo0806o.jpg

The chain is jammed between the granny ring and the frame, the seller says it needs a new rear derailleur, I have seen a slightly used one for £10 posted.

photo0808.jpg

photo0807.jpg

• fredy
    fredy Posts: 308
    seems like a bargain. nicely done.
  • adam_s
    fredy wrote:
    seems like a bargain. nicely done.

Cheers! I got the chain free and managed to ride it for a while until the rear derailleur locked up again. Everything else works well.
  • adam_s
    Got the rear mech working fine, just needed adjusting :D I ordered a new X-7 mech to match the X-7 shifters anyway, got it for £24 - bargain!
  • Oxygen Thief
    Oxygen Thief Posts: 649
    Done well pal, by the looks of it!
  • handon94
    handon94 Posts: 137
    nice bargain :)
    diamondback LS02
    giant talon 2 -http://s867.photobucket.com/albums/ab236/handon_2010/?action=view&current=Photo0069.jpg&newest=1

"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • adam_s
    Im sending the x-7 unit back as the cable tensioner is cross threaded, its obviously not as 'new' as advertised. :evil: I got the SX-5 mech running perfect anyway, it was just the hanger that was knackered. :wink:

Adjusted the brakes, fixed a puncture, cleaned it up and ready to rock!
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Make sure you do a very careful check for any cracks etc. It's sad but true that some people sell broken frames and then denie that it was there when it left them and that you must have damaged it
  • Got to be £65 worth of gear on her whichever way you look at it. If concerned get it serviced by your LBS if you have a good one nearby.
  • adam_s
    I know a good cycle technician who will look at it for me for a pint. By my reckoning after checking out ebay there is at least £100 to be made parting it out.
  • Good news. :D
  • adam_s
    Bought a maintenance stand from halfrauds and got a bike care pack for half price (£2.50), used reserve and collect but found they didn't have the care packs in stock so the guy made it up from equivalent or better gear from the shelves. I ended up with £18 worth of gear for £2.50 8)

So I used my new found skills to tune up the gears on our cheapo bikes, both needed front and rear derailleurs adjusting. Sorted. Got an X-7 rear mech on ebay for £20 winging its way to me.
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    Which stand did you get, and is it any good? :P
  • adam_s
    chedabob wrote:
    Which stand did you get, and is it any good? :P

I got the £10 one, it works fine if you wedge the front wheel into a corner otherwise it is a bit wobbly :o
  • adam_s
    Now experiencing 'phantom' gear changes, found a tooth missing on the cassette. Can I change one cog or will I need to replace the whole thing?
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    Adam S wrote:
    Now experiencing 'phantom' gear changes, found a tooth missing on the cassette. Can I change one cog or will I need to replace the whole thing?

Novice here, but unless they're held together somehow, you should be able to.
  • joec1
    joec1 Posts: 494
    depending on the cassette, they are usually one lump.

my deore's are one lump of 6 gears, then 3 single (small ) gears... depending on which you haev broken will depend on whether you can just change one.

If you have a 9spd, you may just be better off spending £30 on a new Deore cassette and 951 chain through CRC?
    www.settingascene.com - MTBing in Wilts and the southwest, join up for info and ride details.