Maratona dles Dolomites entry available

annabelr
annabelr Posts: 8
My Maratona place is also now available - costs £95 and should include a t-shirt but they have run out, so instead you'll get a cycling DVD :wink:

It was purchased through Cycling Weekly who know of another place available. CW have confirmed that the entries can be passed on BUT the deadline is the end of FRIDAY.

http://www.maratona.it/en/

Please email me annabelrootes@yahoo.co.uk if you're interested.

Cheers.

Comments

• oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Bloody hell I wanted to do this and almost got a cancellation on here weeks ago but yesterday entered the BCF masters track champs (£70) which is same weekend !!
    How easy is it to get in? I want to do it next year.
  • It's a lottery. You register, pay 2 euros, and wait until you are not selected in the draw.

Not that I'm bitter :cry:

If you enter as a team then if any one of you gets picked you are all in.
    It doesn't get any easier, but I don't appear to be getting any faster.
  • annabelr
    annabelr Posts: 8
    I'm afraid I have no idea as it was done for me.... I'll see what I can find out as it seems to be quite a good way of getting a place which is such a lottery.

Are you sure you don't want to go - perhaps you can find someone to take your place at the BCF so you can go????
  • 3Pears
    3Pears Posts: 174
    Annabelr if I may ? Oldwelshman, Cycling Weekly publish an article, October/November time, with contact email details for interested riders to get in touch ! Send cheque, hey presto, you're in, entry wise. Individuals need to sort their own travel and accommodation :P

They keep in touch with regular emails, dossard numbers start from 3000 upwards for organised groups, price worth paying, eliminating the lottery !

This will be my first time over there, can't wait, Cycling Weekly 'team' photo the day before :lol:
  • Bugger - wish I'd known that.
    It doesn't get any easier, but I don't appear to be getting any faster.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    annabelr wrote:
    I'm afraid I have no idea as it was done for me.... I'll see what I can find out as it seems to be quite a good way of getting a place which is such a lottery.

Are you sure you don't want to go - perhaps you can find someone to take your place at the BCF so you can go????
    trouble is that the preperation for the Marotona is totally different than that for track cycling championships :D but will try next year.