Mutter Mutter

2»

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,412
    off camber gravelled drifting turns? :twisted:

ones in the air, all standard fair for urban assault commuting.

I've ridden a road bike on 25mm tyres along the Taff Trail, up to Castell Coch and down the other side (loose chippings and tree roots a-plenty), so I think they can cope with a bit of gravel, although I wouldn't try jumping on one.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    glad the sick are getting better.

whats the challenge you're doing?
    If you need a guide to show you the hills of Greenwich sometime just give me a shout...I might not be quick up them but I know them pretty well

I've joined the Team SCR for TFL cycle challenge. Crawled out of bed very early yesterday morning to log 20 miles, off bike today as am running later. The challenge has got me thinking of extending my ride to work in the mornings too :shock: :lol:

Re the offer - 'shout'. Saturday afternoon/evening any good? :)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I don't usually get annoyed, but the lack of winks or smiley faces got to me :lol:

Literature managed to convey expression and emotion for many hundreds of years before the lamentable invention of the smiley face.......

BTW - I have been commuting for 18 months on a slick shod MTB and made many posts here about how great it is. Unfortunately, I started using my old Dawes Tourer the other week to check it out for a couple of Sportives and now I want a new road bike for commuting!! It is sooo much lighter (even though it is still pretty heavy) and faster than the MTB. A good five minutes quicker each way over a 19 mile round trip. I really don't want to go back to the MTB.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    If Martin Luther had posted his "95 Theses LOL ;)" to the church door in Wittenberg, all that reformation nastiness could have been avoided.
  • Zephr
    Zephr Posts: 60
    yep, we of the mountain bike commuting lot have a bad press with fat slow id10ts going through red lights etc.
    They may be slow, inefficient, not designed for commuting, they may not have thin handlebars for squeezing through horrendously tight gaps.

However

every single time i I scalp one of you on my way to and from work makes my smile a little wider.
    especially when you try SO hard to keep up.
    keep trying my weaker, slower brethren.

Ride more. Twitter Less. You might get faster. :wink:
    FCN 11. When you hear the buzz of the nobblies, you know youve been scalped.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,412
    Might have to do you on the Dahon just to put you in your place :twisted: Passed plenty of other MTBers on it last week. 'Tis a shameful truth though that a lot of those on road bikes do not do them justice, and would be more suited to something big and Dutch with a basket...

... and a chain guard. Show 'em a clean (but knobbly) rear wheel Zephr
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • cyclopsbiker
    cyclopsbiker Posts: 516
    Cafewanda wrote:
    glad the sick are getting better.

whats the challenge you're doing?
    If you need a guide to show you the hills of Greenwich sometime just give me a shout...I might not be quick up them but I know them pretty well

I've joined the Team SCR for TFL cycle challenge. Crawled out of bed very early yesterday morning to log 20 miles, off bike today as am running later. The challenge has got me thinking of extending my ride to work in the mornings too :shock: :lol:

Re the offer - 'shout'. Saturday afternoon/evening any good? :)

Hi,
    Saturday afternoon would be a good for me...about 4pm? I'm sitting an exam in the morning but should be home well before that. send me a PM with details where you'd like to meet and yr mobile in case the exam delays me.

thanks to all the MTB supporters...it sure is fun and the scalps are all the more sweeter :lol:
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    PM sent.

You very brave :wink:
  • cyclopsbiker
    cyclopsbiker Posts: 516
    Cafewanda wrote:
    PM sent.

You very brave :wink:

PM'd you back.

not brave. you'll just have to go slow :lol:
  • Cafewanda