life cycles.co.uk ???

Koiler
Koiler Posts: 513
edited June 2014 in MTB general
has anyone heard of or used lifecycles.co.uk?

good or bad experience?

seen something i want at what seems like a ridiculously low price. just wondering if anyones used them before?

Comments

• bigdavep
    bigdavep Posts: 64
    i assume you mean http://www.life-cycles.co.uk/

I have used them several times and they are my local lbs. Always been spot on for me and seem like real helpful dudes as well.
  • Koiler
    Koiler Posts: 513
    cool, cheers matey

thats good to know, just wanted to check whether they're legit or not. sounds like they are

dont suppose you have any idea on their wheel building abilities do you?
  • bigdavep
    bigdavep Posts: 64
    had my last wheels built by merlin but my mate had some xt hubs on xc717's built by life cycles. He's been happy with them and he's had em for over 12 months so far..
  • CraziScot
    CraziScot Posts: 66
    Had my Hope Pro 2 with Mavic XM819s built by these guys, apart from taking a while due to stock issues sourcing the rims they were great! The wheels have taken some hard knocks and 6 months on they have only required a slight truing after a savage crash.
  • steph13
    steph13 Posts: 3
    These are the worst online company I have ever had to deal with...PERIOD!!!
    Bought a pair of Endura lite shorts on the 12/05/12
    Complained that they hadn't arrived. So they said they would send another pair out. They never did, in fact I eventually received the original pair three weeks later (I knew by the date on the invoice) the second pair never turned up.
    The original pair of shorts were too small, so I decided to send them back for an exchange.
    After another three weeks of waiting and a couple of emails later, they arrived... But they'd sent the wrong sized shorts. I returned them promptly for a second time. After another couple of weeks of waiting I emailed to find out if they had been posted. No, I was told they were waiting for them to come in. I waited another week and then emailed them for a refund. The date today is 02/08/12 I am still waiting for my refund. I have emailed them on several occasions without an answer. BE WARNED.. Do not buy of this Company, customer service is S*%~T
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Not wishing to detract from your experience here, this is more of an observation . . .

If you've had bad luck with a company and want to send a big "Be Warned!" to everyone, it's probably best to start a whole new thread on the subject. The rest of this thread is more than two years old and mainly concerns someone's experience of going in there and getting a set of wheels, so it kind of dilutes your message.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Recently used Life-cycles.co.uk, Ordered a pair of Altura shorts which they didn't have. I had no response to say they were out of stock, I had to chase them numerous times. Rubbish service!
  • You are right crap company!!!!
    steph13 wrote:
    These are the worst online company I have ever had to deal with...PERIOD!!!
    Bought a pair of Endura lite shorts on the 12/05/12
    Complained that they hadn't arrived. So they said they would send another pair out. They never did, in fact I eventually received the original pair three weeks later (I knew by the date on the invoice) the second pair never turned up.
    The original pair of shorts were too small, so I decided to send them back for an exchange.
    After another three weeks of waiting and a couple of emails later, they arrived... But they'd sent the wrong sized shorts. I returned them promptly for a second time. After another couple of weeks of waiting I emailed to find out if they had been posted. No, I was told they were waiting for them to come in. I waited another week and then emailed them for a refund. The date today is 02/08/12 I am still waiting for my refund. I have emailed them on several occasions without an answer. BE WARNED.. Do not buy of this Company, customer service is S*%~T
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    So that's 2 people who have had a bad experience, googled the name and come here to post a whinge (then farked off), the other thousands of customers in the 4 years were obviously happy then!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    If I was a suspicious person, I might even suspect dirty tricks by the competition. Right down to the suspicious pattern in user names.

But I'm not so probably just idjits.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    cooldad wrote:
    I might even suspect dirty tricks by the competition.
    If it were true, I'd blame Wiggle!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    cooldad wrote:
    If I was a suspicious person, I might even suspect dirty tricks by the competition. Right down to the suspicious pattern in user names.

They could have put a little more effort in, really...
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • Talk about dragging an old thread up, TROLLLLLLIIIINNNNNGGGGG

Me thinks.....
    Kev
    PlanetX Pro Carbon
    Voodoo Bizango
  • I ordered a balance bike for my nephew. They said they had one in stock, they didn't (after me having to chase them). They still wouldn't speak to me via telephone at the time (they told me they were too busy). I then was raging and would have set the building on fire if I lived anywhere near it.

DO NOT USE!
  • cooldad
    I ordered a balance bike for my nephew. They said they had one in stock, they didn't (after me having to chase them). They still wouldn't speak to me via telephone at the time (they told me they were too busy). I then was raging and would have set the building on fire if I lived anywhere near it.

DO NOT USE!

I suggest you seek help for your obvious anger management issues.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Be warned!!!!!!!!!!!
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • cooldad wrote:
    I ordered a balance bike for my nephew. They said they had one in stock, they didn't (after me having to chase them). They still wouldn't speak to me via telephone at the time (they told me they were too busy). I then was raging and would have set the building on fire if I lived anywhere near it.

DO NOT USE!

Stupidity often does that to me.....i'm now back to normal
  • cooldad
    cooldad wrote:

DO NOT USE!

Stupidity often does that to me.....i'm now back to normal
    Stupid or angry?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Stupid companies make me angry......now i'm ok
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Stupid companies make me angry......now i'm ok

I've had very similar issues as a result of dealing with a lot of angry companies
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • The Rookie
    Many companies can come across as stupid to those not bright enough to understand them......just saying!
  • The Rookie wrote:
    Many companies can come across as stupid to those not bright enough to understand them......just saying!

Very true, however a company that can email you back within 5 minutes, but is 'too busy' to call you when they don't provide a phone number isn't telling the whole truth is it?
  • eapples
    eapples Posts: 1
    In my opinion they are scammers!!
    I had ordered a pair of LAKE TX312C TRIATHLON SPEEDPLAY shoes.
    After 1 month i had not received anything. I sent them a lots of emails and i have asked them to give me the tracking details. I have not received any tracking details from them.
    After a lot of emails again they told me that they will recent my order.
    After 1 more month i had not received anything for a second time.
    I had sent them again a lots of emails but this time, i had not get any response.
    I asked for a full refund but i had not get any reply.
    I gave them 214 pounds and i get nothing.
    Do not loose your money, never order anything from them , they are fools!! :evil:
  • Angus Young
    eapples wrote:
    After 1 month i had not received anything. I sent them a lots of emails and i have asked them to give me the tracking details. I have not received any tracking details from them.
    I had sent them again a lots of emails but this time, i had not get any response.
    Do not loose your money, never order anything from them , they are fools!! :evil:

Really...
  • cooldad
    eapples wrote:

Really...

That 'Really' sounds somewhat cynical.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Angus Young
    Mmm... a bit.
  • eapples wrote:
    ...they are fools!! :evil:
    Are they?
    "a fool and his money are easily parted..."

They have £214 and a pair of Speedplays :wink:
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • Angus Young
    They have £214 and a pair of Speedplays :wink:

Or do they...
  • They have £214 and a pair of Speedplays :wink:
    Or do they...
    Good point.
    But they have enough money to buy some now!
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)