Brisbane bike hire

BenS999
BenS999 Posts: 202
edited June 2010 in MTB general
Hi

I'm going to Brisbane for 2 weeks holiday and would like to hire a decent trail bike and get some riding in. Does anyone know of a shop that can supply a decent 5 or 6 inch trail bike, with some good riding nearby with a bit of single track?

I dont know the area at all (never been to Aus), so any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
2011 Orange Five Pro
On-One Pompetamine Alfine Comp

Comments

• RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    Clicky

Call or email, ask if they hire bikes out. Then ask what the riding is like. Also maybe look for club rides you can join in, or maybe even go for some guiding.
  • BenS999
    BenS999 Posts: 202
    Thanks RealMan - I did the exact search on google last night, but no harm in asking for some first hand experience! :D
    2011 Orange Five Pro
    On-One Pompetamine Alfine Comp
  • NormalD
    NormalD Posts: 145
    Went round some trails on Mt coota at Christmas on my brother in laws BSO. Very good trials about 20 mins from the center of the city. Before I went I couldn't find anywhere to hire good kit, only a place in the botanical gardens doing basic stuff for round the city. Once I was there didn't really have time to look round and find anything else.
    Fantastic City though you'll have a great time.

Ps. with Singapore airways you can take your bike as part of your luggage allowance so that might be worth considering.
    Normal Disk 2009

Genesis Equilibrium Tiagra 2011

FCN 10 (only cycle in once a week though)

Alfa 156 SW
  • NormalD
    NormalD Posts: 145
    Here's the link I couldn't find before.

http://www.mtbdirt.com.au/brisbane-trails/view/trail/22
    Normal Disk 2009

Genesis Equilibrium Tiagra 2011

FCN 10 (only cycle in once a week though)

Alfa 156 SW