What crank,BB and cassette tools for my old Banshee?

Xerotrace
Xerotrace Posts: 3
edited June 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, I need/want to rebuild this bike, I haven't done this before but it shouldn't be too hard.

It needs the following things:
BB (one of those fancy external sealed ones if poss, It doesn't need %100 tho)
8SP Cass. (has oldish Deore 8SP shifters/F/R mech with 7SP cass and HG40 chain)
Brakes (Hydrualics are a must really but I can't remove front rotor due to sheared bolt and 2 very stubborn bolts but I should be able sort that out.)
Maybe a 3rd chainring (only has sml and med ATM)

I have some pics of the crank hole and also what size brakes can I fit to this bike? I was thinking 185/203R and 185F. I have no brakes ATM but plan to buy some soon. I have no real idea what brands are good value but looking to spend £100-120 on the brakes (both not each)
2njekxx.jpg
o56kns.jpg

I hope I have posted in the right area and It's quite a bit to read in this post but least it's fairly detailed. Any help is appreciated.

Regards
[/img]

Comments

• Thread8
    Thread8 Posts: 479
    With your brakes, you put the bigger rotor on the front, not the rear like you have stated. Personally I'd stick to the same size rotors for now unless you are doing demanding riding like DH/FR and they are too small/not powerful enough

Also, if you want to put an external BB on that frame then you need to get your BB shell faced
    Haro Thread 8
    Please help!

"It's like parkour, on a bike"
  • Xerotrace
    Xerotrace Posts: 3
    Thanks for the reply, I'll put the BB stuff on hold ATM. Could someone recommend some brakes? within £50-70 each if poss. The reason I would like bigger brakes is because I'm about 15.5 stone, are the Avid Juicy 3/5s any good? I heard good and bad things. Also I'm I right in assuming that the crank is a square one? I can get a tool which is 3 in 1 if it's stock. I can't really afford to make mistakes with buying the wrong tools/parts.