Couples in Derbyshire

poppit
poppit Posts: 926
edited May 2010 in MTB rides
Hi

Just wondered if there are any other couples that do weekend rides in Derbyshire? We normally do rides between 20 and 40 km.
Eddy Merckx EMX-3
Dolan L'Etape
Cougar Zero Uno
Genesis Core 50
Planet X TOR

Comments

• Konalisa120
    Konalisa120 Posts: 52
    Hey poppit!

Me and the other half live in Derbyshire. Been doing the trail centres just lately, not done a natural ride for a while but got plans in place for this weekend to get the old stamina levels up. Where do you tend to go?
    "office jobs suck"
  • poppit
    Hey poppit!

Me and the other half live in Derbyshire. Been doing the trail centres just lately, not done a natural ride for a while but got plans in place for this weekend to get the old stamina levels up. Where do you tend to go?

Hi Kona

We've got a few books so tend to do rides out of them. Today it's been Stanage, last week it was around Chatsworth/Beeley Moor, week before that it was Hathersage. Been to Cannock a few times in the last few months although leaving it alone at the moment until the clamour for the Monkey dies down.

We're working on our fitness at the moment as going on a MTB holiday in a few weeks time.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • Konalisa120
    We've tended to do the same, just picking a route out of a guide. There's some nice rides straight from our doorstep which is good and a good one round eyam. Where you going on your hols? Let me know if you fancy meeting for a ride in Derbyshire .
    "office jobs suck"
  • poppit
    Going 3 weeks on Friday. We'll be doing a ride next weekend, not sure which day, depends on the weather but probably Sunday. Not sure where yet although got a hankering for a ride around Hayfield.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • Konalisa120
    Hayfield is not one we've done but I've seen it in the guide book we've got. There's a ride starting at darley bridge which is quite good. The plan of action is to do every ride in the book in sequence!
    "office jobs suck"
  • poppit
    Yes, done a couple of rides that start at Darley Bridge, the one we did last week started from there called the '5 Dales Circuit'.

Up to do a ride next Sunday if you're interested.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • Konalisa120
    Yeah, sunday would be cool. Do the hayfield ride if you want. Better just tell you about our riding ability.... We tend to go at a steady pace with a fair few rest/snack stops. I love the downs, take a while on the ups... Better half has no probs! What about you pair?
    "office jobs suck"
  • poppit
    Great.

Probably exactly the same re pace, don't think there will be any problems. I'll pm you with my work email to set it up, I'll be back in the office tomorrow.

Cheers
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR