LEJOG - Help for Heroes, txt bike to 70099 for £1 pledge!

dougiem
dougiem Posts: 5
edited June 2010 in The bottom bracket
56(Reserve) Squadron, based at RAF Waddington in Lincoln, provides operational support to our frontline forces stationed around the world, and specifically to those currently serving in Afghanistan. The vast majority of Squadron personnel have had, or will soon have, frontline experience.

Between 17th and 29th June 2010, five fellow Squadron members and I, will be undertaking a mammoth challenge to cycle the length of the UK in aid of Help for Heroes, which, as I’m sure you are aware, is an organisation founded to help Service men and women who have been wounded in conflict. We hope that the team can raise a total well in excess of £5000.

The team members will follow an extended route from Land’s End to John O’Groats, attempting to cycle approximately 100 miles per day, covering a distance in excess of 1200 miles. This cycle challenge, albeit daunting, provides an excellent opportunity for fellow cyclists to contribute towards this most worthy of causes.

I would be most appreciative if you could donate whatever you are able to this event. I understand that these are austere times and that you may read several requests of this type; however, not only will your support help us reach our fundraising goal, it will ultimately assist severely injured service personnel from across the UK to recover from their injuries and help to rebuild their lives.

You can make a donation, if able, directly at the following website address:

http://www.justgiving.com/CycleRAF

Or simply text bike to 70099 for a £1 pledge.

Any support you can lend is most gratefully received.

Many Thanks,

Doug Malcolm
doug@lincolntri.co.uk

Comments