Who put that damn rock there !!???

BigAirNig
BigAirNig Posts: 296
edited June 2010 in MTB general
Had a fall - that ended my ride yesterday - doing a 21 miler around Hayfield in the Peak District - down hill section - loose rocks, over bars landing on a rock .....

Nice 'egg' on my thigh - day 1 (Sunday) after the ride ......

P1000638.jpg

:?

Knee !

P1000633.jpg

Day 2 - the swelling has spread out and turned a lovely shade of purple !!

P1000644.jpg

Bloody extreme sports !!

:evil:
Rocky Mountain Altitude 50 (+ upgrades.....!)

Comments

• Thread8
    Thread8 Posts: 479
    Ouchies :shock:
    Haro Thread 8
    Please help!

"It's like parkour, on a bike"
  • wobbem
    wobbem Posts: 283
    Matches your tat, glad you don't shave your legs :lol:
    Don't think, BE:
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    Ok. So you have shown us your sore leg but you've not shown us what stopped your ride ;)
  • BigAirNig
    Well that thigh injury made it very painful to use & weak too

combined with my pedal smashing my right calf - meaning I could barely put any weight on it - still can't now - so that was that.
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    I had something very similar a few weeks ago. Massive lump and a proper dead leg. It loosened up enough once moving but if i stopped it seized solid and then killed for days after.
    It was the bruised sternum and ribs that kept me out of action for 4 weeks.
    Must learn to jump at speed :D
  • handon94
    handon94 Posts: 137
    wow bet that hurts, is the bike ok or was it a really bad day and the bike took damage to :?
    diamondback LS02
    giant talon 2 -http://s867.photobucket.com/albums/ab236/handon_2010/?action=view&current=Photo0069.jpg&newest=1

"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • BigAirNig
    Bike seems OK - little bit of brake rub (disc) but that may be dirt - so see if it goes when I clean it !?

Nothing else obvious..... thing is - it was only a pretty slow accident thankfully, so hope bike is OK. Will check it over fully when I feel less pain and hence can be bothered.

:x

Day 3 pic .... more purple !

P1000647.jpg
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    ohh I have a nasty urge to poke that bruise :lol:
    Caz xx
  • BigAirNig
    Gee thanks !!
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    Can't help it, it' an issue I have lol....poke briuses, pop spots and annyo hbby by prodding his hernia scar lol :twisted:
    Caz xx

Honest I do feel the pain though of that bruise, I had one like that one, but on me arse! lol
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    ouch. i feel your pain

i had a green and purple bruise almost that big on my knee, about 2 months ago after i landed badly and crashed on a jump and smashed my knee into my top tube and my head into the dirt, and boke my helmet. had a tennis ball sized green and purple patch for at least 2 weeks, but yours looks worse.
  • r3 guy
    r3 guy Posts: 229
    interesting how the comments here vary from those on STW

Cool bruise
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    Wowza that's a bruise and a half! The girls have to be impressed with that! hope it gets better soon.
  • Dubzy
    Dubzy Posts: 123
    With those hideous tattoos, the bruises almost seem artistic. Well at least they tone in with the pretty colours. :wink:

Get well soon

Dubzy
    Life's good

Boardman MTB Team