PGD - Post Giro Depression

dougzz
dougzz Posts: 1,833
edited June 2010 in Pro race
What will I do tomorrow, I feel lost...............

Comments

• KillerMetre
    KillerMetre Posts: 199
    So true,Sean Kelly's soothing umm's and argh's helped me through revision.Was a superb Giro just hope the tour can match it.
  • pomtarr
    pomtarr Posts: 318
    Dauphine Libere starts next sunday.

In the meantime: http://www.cyclingtorrents.nl :wink:
    "Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult"
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Dauphine and Tour De Suisse soon...also another chance to see where Amstrong is if tour of Lux is televised
    Floyd Wrote Us a letter seems to keep most people entertained. The racing is secondary for some, the doping stories more juicy. Personally I haven't opened the Floyd thread since my last post 3 days ago as its defo getting a bit depressing
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Tour of Lux is never televised, just the odd highlight.
    A pity, since the principality isn't short of a few bob.

I feel like doug.......After the crowds and colour of the Verona podium presentation........silence and emptiness.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Definite post Giro blues - not alleviated by the fact that Carlton blo*dy Kirby is commentating on the Dauphine :roll:
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    micron wrote:
    Definite post Giro blues - not alleviated by the fact that Carlton blo*dy Kirby is commentating on the Dauphine :roll:

Oh u are kidding?
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Moomaloid wrote:
    micron wrote:

Oh u are kidding?

facepalm.jpg

And I was so looking forward to it.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I'm a calm person but when I hear Kirby, I get the urge to slap him :wink:

Fear not, internet streams will allow you alternative audio sources. Or just press mute.
  • blazing_saddles
    Yup.
    Harmon is on his tandem, so it's Kathy Kirby for the Dauphine, with essential sidekick, Magnus B.
    So, get ready to identify all the riders yourself.

British Eurosport have also miraculously secured the sole rights to a little known, obscure race called the Tour du Suisse!

Gawd only knows who will be doing the chat for that one. I assume it's the McCrossan ctv gang......
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Maybe ES online will introduce a selective audio where you can mute Carlton but not Magnus.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • i broke my collarbone racing on Saturday, trust it to be in the week between the Giro and the Dauphine!! Looks like its tennis for m this week... :cry:
    Music and Bikes and Alligators
    http://www.richsemple.wordpress.com
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    i broke my collarbone racing on Saturday, trust it to be in the week between the Giro and the Dauphine!! Looks like its tennis for m this week... :cry:
    Bad timing.............I managed to do mine on 7th May :lol:

I've got several hours of it on DVD to relive while I grind myself back to some sort of fitness on the turbo.......happy days! :?

The TdF will always dissapoint after the Giro in general, and this Giro in particular. Spectacular.

PS Hope it heals soon Jan
  • cheers bronzie, how long before you were back on the turbo and then the road?
    i'm hoping to get on the sitty down reclining bike in the gym once the abrasions have cleared up and my sling is off. bloody nightmare!!
    Music and Bikes and Alligators
    http://www.richsemple.wordpress.com
  • claudb
    claudb Posts: 212
    I got the PGB too.
    It was some 3 weeks.
    I hope Le Tour doesn't disappoint by comparison.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    cheers bronzie, how long before you were back on the turbo and then the road?
    i'm hoping to get on the sitty down reclining bike in the gym once the abrasions have cleared up and my sling is off. bloody nightmare!!
    Well, I probably could've got on it last week, but my motivation is in a worse state than my shoulder at the minute. Will maybe have a light pedal later today and see if I can find my mojo again.

Last time I did my CB, I had 9 weeks off the bike which was not a good idea. Will try and get back sooner this time, but not going to rush it.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    It's always worse after the Tour.

After the Giro you have the Dauphiné, Suisse, national championships and the Tour build-up.

After the Tour, you have the Eneco Tour, Poland and the first week of the Vuelta. August is rough.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Wait, are people suggesting there is a race worth watching after the Dauphine? :wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • blazing_saddles
    afx237vi wrote:
    It's always worse after the Tour.

After the Giro you have the Dauphiné, Suisse, national championships and the Tour build-up.

After the Tour, you have the Eneco Tour, Poland and the first week of the Vuelta. August is rough.

Ideal spot for that California bash. Lump all the US races of interest together.
    Should be able to hold form for a month.
    Maybe they might finally get no rained out stages, too. :roll:
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Too right PGB! No more PTP (few points). I live in a bubble for 3 weeks! Then look round for something else to do! Mind you it's worst after the Tour as it's wall-to wall.
    Tho' I'll have me hols to look forward to.
    Carlton's not that bad with Magnus to keep him straight! It could be worse - it could be Mike Smith.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    It has been a top Giro, I am going to have a pre-Tour rest from Eurosport this week before building back up starting at the Dauphine.
  • domhopson
    domhopson Posts: 259
    dougzz wrote:
    What will I do tomorrow, I feel lost...............

Just wait til the 3 weeks of Le Tour are over :(
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    This Giro was something special though.
  • saymush
    saymush Posts: 80
    Ms Tree wrote:
    Too right PGB! No more PTP (few points). I live in a bubble for 3 weeks! Then look round for something else to do! Mind you it's worst after the Tour as it's wall-to wall.
    Tho' I'll have me hols to look forward to.
    Carlton's not that bad with Magnus to keep him straight! It could be worse - it could be Mike Smith.

+10

Carlton and his "crews" is irritating but smith sounds like a right whining loser. Nay balls we call him. Even though he was of course quite a good rider (by comparison to me but not of course to Sean Kelly)