Problems at Hope?

tegwin
tegwin Posts: 78
edited June 2010 in MTB general
Anyone know whats going on with Hope?

Loads of their big stockists (wiggle, Chain reaction etc) are out of stock on a large number of hope parts... including pistons, seals, wheelsets, hubs etc... Am I missing something? I really need some bits and no where has any stock! :oops:

Comments

• rudedog
    rudedog Posts: 523
    Have you tried calling Hope? They are pretty helpfull
  • tegwin
    tegwin Posts: 78
    rudedog wrote:
    Have you tried calling Hope? They are pretty helpfull
    Do they sell parts to the general public? So many manufactuers wont!??
  • I find that sometimes eBay is a better option. Have bought some parts recently (for a v good price too) when I had trouble getting hold of them from some of the bigger shops
  • I have ordered at least 3 different Hope parts and from different suppliers that have all been out of stock, and from ordering to delivery it was always about 2-3 days. Hope deliver so quickly that its not always worth the shops keeping all their range in stock. Wiggle and Noahs have been the quickest for out of stock Hope items.

If you wait for them to get the stock in, you'll be waiting for ever.

Just order and you should not have a problem :D
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Hope are always saying how manufacturing in the UK means they can control their stock ;) TBH I don't think it's a sign of problems, probably the opposite, some of their parts are very (unneccesarily) labour intensive so they're probably having trouble just producing enough.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    I have a feeling they changed sites recently, might have something to do with it or they're just way more popular than they expected.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • bikedibley
    bikedibley Posts: 40
    Hope parts are usually in stock. As far as I'm aware, there is no severe problem at Hope, other than it's the time of year everybody is getting their bikes sorted out.

Check out Wiggle Hope Parts in stock. There's quite a bit.
  • bikedibley
    bikedibley Posts: 40
    Hope parts are usually in stock. As far as I'm aware, there is no severe problem at Hope, other than it's the time of year everybody is getting their bikes sorted out.

Check out Wiggle Hope Parts in stock. There's quite a bit.
  • timpop
    timpop Posts: 394
    Online shops will order the parts you need if they're not in stock, it's fairly quick. Alternatively, go to your local shop and they can order whatever you need too. I've just picked up a new hope wheel, built by them and delivered to the shop. Bonus is the shop will give it a tweak in a couple weeks after it's been bashed about a bit.
    Many happy trails!