That ramp at the end is a nice touch.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Yeah Nibs
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Flippin' hell man, take your helmet off.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

'Ramp' is something of an understatement. A great way to finish a GT.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    Congratulations Gustav!

That overall top ten is a really tight one. Basso a worthy winner. Great Giro.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,867
    RichN95 wrote:

'Ramp' is something of an understatement. A great way to finish a GT.

used to live in verona and been to the odd concert in that amphitheater...extraordinary atmosphere....

god know what it was like when the crowd was waiting to watch men hack each other to bits back in the day!

so nibs hung on... which was ok in my book

Basso ...can he challenge in the tour...rode at a level higher than i expected but still looks short... Find it hard to believe the guys are going to be in a fit state..we will see..

that was quite a race

Scarponi was unambitious IME it was up to him to attack nibs in the mountains more for the podium

Evans...well a team would have helped.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    Loved the finish

71435545.jpg

Great race. Let's hope the riders' reputations stand the test of time so that it isn't tarnished.
  • frenchfighter
    27954_396028366617_681516617_4618906_1684719_n.jpg
    31660_126664427361429_100000536186523_240104_8329698_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Another shot of Gibo:
    giro10st21-suit.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The Mechanic
    The Mechanic Posts: 1,277
    Is it just me are does anyone else think Wiggo is too far behind averyone to look like standing a chance in the Tour
    I have only two things to say to that; Bo***cks
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    We might have said the same thing last year about Wiggins. Your question can't be answered until July really.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,475
    Is it just me are does anyone else think Wiggo is too far behind averyone to look like standing a chance in the Tour

Do you consider Armstrong a candidate for the victory?

Contador hasn't raced since Liege, is he considered a candidate given we've no idea what his form is like?

Andy Schleck was getting dropped by average riders at the ToC, do you think he's a candidate based on that evidence or not?

The point being that we've no idea who'll be on form or not at the Tour just yet. We can look at previous performances as an indicator, but until the racing starts then we've no idea who has perfected their fine tuning and who hasn't. Every year a GC contender will get it wrong and struggle, as an example, last year did anyone expect both Evans and Sastre to be so far off the pace?
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,867
    wiggins looked on track or there abouts compared to last year...

I think kleber is right we will have to wait and see
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    He's there or thereabouts for July I think...............but his time yesterday was not great considering how focused he was on doing "a ride" in it. 7th spot behind a lot of tired GC riders was a poor performance.

Gustav Larsson must have some fine handling skills as he nailed the second half of the TT on the downhill sections.