from hardtail to full suspension

mintsauce5
mintsauce5 Posts: 193
edited May 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi ,
bit of advice if possible , i currently have a 2009 rockhopper pro hardtail , i'm thinking of buying a second hand full suspension frame , ones i'm looking at at the moment are a trek fuel ex8 , ex9 , fuel , or giant trance , i'm going to transplant the parts from my rockhopper to the new frame , my front shocks are rockshox rebas with 100mm travel , will these be ok on the new frame or will i have to get some different ones ? any advice will be appreciated

Comments

• explosifpete
    explosifpete Posts: 1,327
    the full sus bikes you are looking at a built to have a longer fork 120 or 140 i can remember, if you put a shorter fork on it will steepen the head angle causing the bike to handle badly
  • explosifpete
    explosifpete Posts: 1,327
    the full sus bikes you are looking at a built to have a longer fork 120 or 140 i can remember, if you put a shorter fork on it will steepen the head angle causing the bike to handle badly
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Well, it will steer quicker - but you may like it like that. Why not try it, and if you don't like the way it handles, save up for another fork.
  • ropey
    ropey Posts: 96
    The Reba's may have a spacer that you can remove to increase the travel,but you would also need to check that the steerer tube on the forks is long enough for the new frame