UCI Legal?

love2ride
love2ride Posts: 224
edited May 2010 in Amateur race
Hi Guys
Looking forward to the BTTC chamionships in September, I measured my bike (planet x stealth Medium) to see if it was UCI legal. Uh oh :cry:, it's not. Are there any really good saddles for purching right on the tip of, so that I can move it back. Also, how strict are they on the 75cm max rule for the extensions in front of the bottom bracket. I'm 15 and my legs and arms are a bit longer in proportion to the rest of my body. There only 3cm infront.
Thanks
Will

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Very strict. (If under UCI Regs...)
  • Limburger
    Limburger Posts: 346
    Shorter stem?

Bring the bars under 75cm, allow you to move your saddle back without changing the overall position other than the setback.
    God made the Earth. The Dutch made The Netherlands

FCN 11/12 - Ocasional beardy
  • sub55
    sub55 Posts: 1,025
    dont quote me on this and you`ll have to check, because i could be wrong.

the UCI regs applies to senior riders in the main event .
    riders in the masters cat, ride under CTT rules and the bike regs , dont apply.
    this is because the UCI dont recognise the masters as a championship.
    that bit i know for certain. now you are a 15 year old, so you are a junior . now, i think
    juniors don t come under the UCI regs. so your bike setup would be ok as it is.

UCI dont recognise events for people under the age of 18 that are held on the open road.
    so it comes under CTT regs.

but you must check. :?:

[/b]
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly