CRC Grassington

mfereborn
mfereborn Posts: 480
edited June 2010 in XC and Enduro
Hi guys and girls, as some of you may have read i'd like to get into racing and similar, this is just a short thread asking any advice on the above titled event, and if it'd be suitable for me to gauge where i'd stand when racing.

As a novice to racing, but a healthy lad have you any advice for which category to enter into? I did consider the full 100km but this may be unwise perhaps?

hopefully ill be taking an experienced racing mate down with me!

Thoughts on the matter? What would i require for the days race/event?

How should i kit up? (Both me and the bike?)

Cheers!
The Frog: Lapierre Zesty 214 2010 - Upgraded - W.I.P

Comments

• sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    I'm also going to Grassington for my first event, going to do the 25 km route and see how I do.
    It's good as it's not a race as such I can compete against myself :D
    as for kit, I have no idea, I'm just taking the same kit I take out on the trails.
    Caz xx
  • hoddo80
    hoddo80 Posts: 11
    Hi Guys

I am also going to Grassington, this will be my second event and really looking forward to it, they are great events!

I entered into the 50km event at Builth and that was enough for me with it being my first time, but even if you enter the full 100km you can turn off and follow the 50 or 75km route if you are starting to feel it.

With regards to kit, make sure you have the essentials, a helmet, mitts, hydration pack or water bottles (believe me you will need these if it is hot like it was at Builth), multi tool, inflator a couple of spare tubes and some energy gels or energy sports bars.

Advice for your bike, just make sure it is in good working order and will not fall apart on you half way round, maybe give it a good service the week before?

Hope this helps! :)

Hoddo