Knocked off bike

2»

Comments

• Interesting read, I have always wondered what to do if I got knocked off, so getting some good info here.

Keep us updated.
  • markmod
    markmod Posts: 501
    Glad your ok... I bet the brother was told a right load of s?@& by her, don't you reckon... You can imagine her jackanory being worked on the way home!!

Silly moo!!
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Hey DMC, I'd overlooked this thread my owd. Glad you're not to badly shaken but get some good legal advice Alyson France (bikeline) are good, they got me a few bob and I wasn't as injured as you.

Chuffed to hear the police are treating the situation with the gravity it deserves and hope the outcome is a good one.

As for big bro, I reckon if he were kind enough to let you know when he's coming 'round to see ya I'm sure you could sell a few tickets for that. I know I'd pay for a "ringside seat".
    I'd even join in if ya needed any help, somehow I don't think that would be neccessary though.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    dmclite - keep a good check on your shoulder..damage to mine, in a similar accident, has been long lasting....was sore at the time, but 16 months on, still going through legal and medical checks..... Fortunately, the driver admitted liability and didn't change story.
  • Cressers
    Cressers Posts: 1,329
    I'd fecommend keeping a diary of your aches, pains, injuries and symptoms. It may help later in determining the extent of any medical aspect of any compo you may have comming to you.
  • simonc2806
    simonc2806 Posts: 31
    the cheeky ponce i would go round there and batter him for talking to me like that but you should of called the police at the time i suppose at least she gave you a real name and address half the time they don't. i'm a proffesional driver i nearly came qa cropper the other night i was flying down a hill and this fella just flew straight out of a side road lucky i saw the idiot coming and was on the brakes.
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Going around and battering anyone can result in no compensation at all. Get the money, THEN batter him; although he'll sue you and get the money back.

Hope everything gets sorted for you Mr Dmc.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Got a letter from Gravesend police today telling me they are following this up, also has a crime number and the name of the PC in charge of this follow up.

Thanks for asking after me cake-stoppers, nice to have an online fraternity. :D

Thats all so far folks, the brother hasn't appeared but if he does I will really make him cry. :wink:
  • keep us informed, hopefully it will be a good result.
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Do we get a share of the billions when you win? Emotional support and all that.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Bunneh wrote:

It's fat people that need emotional support!!
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • RossW
    RossW Posts: 77
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Bunneh wrote:

It's fat people that need emotional support!!

Dont take the mic out of fat people! They got enough on there plate!!!! :lol:

*ill get me coat lol*
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    ....Just a new bike'll do me, i'm not greedy :)

Bianchi 928 SL IASP Dura Ace DI2
    (size 55 please)
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    Glad you've not come off too badly.

Keep chasing the police. Although you have all the details and they have sent you an acknowledgment letter they do have a habit of "forgetting" things or 9 months later turning around and saying there is nothing they can do (around here at least).

I'm assuming you have her insurance details as well and you can submit a claim? (That wouldn't affect the police enquiry into careless driving and making threats would it?) Include psychological damage due to the threats and claim for everything including aches an pains. They will try and batter your claim back but you only need a new top....