Tyres for dusty trails with loose pebbles

pilsburypie
pilsburypie Posts: 891
edited May 2010 in MTB general
Have a 2.35 High Roller super tacky up front and a 2.1 ignitor on the back, both tubeless running around 30psi.

Been fairly happy with them although they are a hard pedal!

My local trail cannock is well drained and dry as a bone with loose dust and pebbles like marbles all over, especially the DH at Stile Cop. Bike is really twichey on this surface and I was wondering if there is any tyre in the world that would grip this stuff? Desperately needs some rain to help sticky it up a bit....

Comments

• nik young
    nik young Posts: 257
    i ride canncok alot and im using 2.25 maxxis ardent on the front and a 2.1 ardent on the rear on my yeti 575 and on my whyte e5 i run 2.25 aspen on the front and a 2.1 aspen on the rear, both sets work really good in the dry dusty shizzle
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    I've been having good results with Panaracer Rampage Sport 2.35 at Cannock.
    They get me up all the pebble and gravel covered ascents. Also great on FtD and the [new] Monkey trail.
    Also great for mud, damp and wet conditions
    Never done the DH section at Stile Cop through
  • pilsburypie
    pilsburypie Posts: 891
    ^^^^ you have to get to Stile Cop - it is a hoot. Some trails are hard as nails and would result in hospital with some of the jumps for me, but the red run is great fun - not too harsh , nice and drifty with a good few drops...