DHB Bibshorts sizing - what size ?

teulk
teulk Posts: 557
edited May 2010 in Road buying advice
Im thinking of getting some these shorts

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/dhb_E ... 360024489/

Im 5ft 8", 42"chest and a 38" waist, according to the sizing chart i should be 6ft 1" and a Large - looks like my growth was stunted at an early age :D , I posted a question in the Q&A's and it was suggested that i should go for Medium. A Medium would be 3" smaller in chest and waist (according to the size chart)

When looking at bib shorts should you go for height or waiist or chest size or nearest match in all.

Has anyone got any DHB Bibshorts and can comment on the sizing or perhaps recommend what size i should get.
Boardman Team 09 HT
Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
Specialized Secteur Elite 2011

Comments

• darkside80
    darkside80 Posts: 39
    179cm tall and 32inch waist, 33cm inseem - happy with medium bib longs and shorts

Wiggle are pretty good at returns so could always buy 2 sizes and return one after trying
  • narbs
    narbs Posts: 593
    They're also pretty long in the leg- I'm 184cm with a 33 inseam as well and the mediums finish just above my knees. Plays havoc with tan lines when I switch to other shorts :wink:
  • fnegroni
    fnegroni Posts: 794
    When buying bib shorts, height and waist line matter the least. What matters the most is how they fit around your thighs. If you have large thighs, you might need one or two size larger to allow for the extra stretch.
    Since all bibshorts are made in some elastic fabric, the differences in length are minimal.
    With Wiggle, the easiest thing to do is to order two or three sizes of the same model, then return the ones that don't fit. £5 is what it will cost to return two bib shorts insured to their value with the post office. Small price to pay for the perfect fit.
  • teulk
    teulk Posts: 557
    Thanks for the replies, i think i may have to give them a miss as a 33cm instream is way too long and would come down past my knee.
    Boardman Team 09 HT
    Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
    Specialized Secteur Elite 2011
  • bikedibley
    bikedibley Posts: 40
    dhb shorts are really nice. I would recommend a medium for your height, but a Large for everything else. Because dhb bibs are slightly shorter in bib length than your usual short, I would recommend the Large would fit fine.

Buy at Wiggle and you can always return them.