Luther

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited May 2010 in The bottom bracket
I love this show. It is so bad that it is excellent. Lots of cod-psychology. A troubled, intense and dedicated hero who is just too cool for school. His Missus is a top Lawyer (why can't she have a normal job?) and he is mates with a psychotic chantuese who wants a slice of his pie.
It is so nice to look forward with bated breath, each week to see what ludicrous serial killer is in London and how big bad but torn, Luther is going to save the day.

Anyone agree ?

Comments

• fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    its the 'Asif" show!

but strangely watchable
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,887
    its the 'Asif" show!

but strangely watchable

put perfectly
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    It's odd how if this was an american show we would think it was perfectly normal for this to happen each week...........but as it's in London, no no simply rediculous!

But as you say it's quite fun to watch, i'm just always expecting some CSI fella (sorry....."SOCO") to burst into the scene, shotgun in hand and lead the investigation....thats how it's done in Vegas, Miami and New York don't you know, real detectives just arrest people now, CSIs do all the investigation work

I do like it, and I'm going to keep watching it, but Luther's no Inspector Barnaby
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    All I know of this series is the advert on radio 5. It was cheesy and the acting sounded terrible. I've never noticed bad acting by a TV performer on the radio before so this stood out as something not to watch.

Hope you're enjoying it though.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    I tried to watch. The trouble is, it's so far removed from how things would/should be done and, of course, as with other series eg Morse, he does all the work/investigation.
    I just want to punch that woman DI/DCI of his for her pathetic attempt at a hard woman detective, Laahhhhdon accent.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I have absolutely no idea what you're all on about. Sounds sh1t though!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • cedar404
    cedar404 Posts: 176
    Bit of a comedown after being the mighty Stringer Bell.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,870
    Not a patch on Stringer....
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    cedar404 wrote:
    Bit of a comedown after being the mighty Stringer Bell.

Not as bad as the kid who played Michael. Was channel surfing a few days ago and saw him in 90210 - a remake of Beverly Hills 90210 :shock:
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,448
    Best thing on tv at the moment, Idris elba as Luther is excellent, expect he'll become a big star in his home country now. Not the most realistic but very watchable. The only downside is Saskia Reeves god awful Dick Van Dyke cockney impersonation, spoiling every scene she's in.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי