Favourite trail centre section/feature

2»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Isn't there sectioned called something like "Pie run" then "Magic mushroom" then "magic mushroom pie" or something silly on Glentress red? they're all great fun.
  • Broonster
    Broonster Posts: 440
    Isn't there sectioned called something like "Pie run" then "Magic mushroom" then "magic mushroom pie" or something silly on Glentress red? they're all great fun.

Pie Run, Magic Mushroom and Mushroom Pie :wink:
    Winter: Moda Nocturne
    Road: Cervelo R3
    'Cross: Ridley X-Night
    Commuter: Genesis Day One
  • underdog
    underdog Posts: 292
    Energy at whites 8)
  • CFS
    CFS Posts: 124
    +1 for Magic Mushroom at GT, best bit on the Red I reckon.

I seem to remember Valhalla at Golspie being pretty good.

The lower Red at Laggan is probably the best though.
    Shot by both sides...
  • flowpro
    flowpro Posts: 64
    Inners red I love all of the decent really but love the final section through the woods back the car park it's called Make or Brake I think. It's so much fun I rode the whole thing 3 times a few weeks back I was broken. Must go on a uplift day next time. :P
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    flowpro wrote:
    Inners red I love all of the decent really but love the final section through the woods back the car park it's called Make or Brake I think. It's so much fun I rode the whole thing 3 times a few weeks back I was broken. Must go on a uplift day next time. :P

its just called the caddon bank descent...make or brake is really the DH track above that section (with the 20 foot tables etc...)

favourite manmade trail is the matador at inners...superb. nice big drops (as in really 6 and 8 feet...not what some folks call 6' drops...;o)) techy natural rocky rooty, then a bit of flowy with doubles drops and tables, then into the inners arena via the bombhole... heaven.

non-manmade - Torridon.

Close the thread. ;o0
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • sofaboy73
    sofaboy73 Posts: 574
    the down hill on the innerleithen red. don't know if it's got a section name per say as it's essentialy one long up for one long down, but the last big rollers are gaurenteed to put a grin on your face
  • JustGoRide
    JustGoRide Posts: 37
    Favorite section will always be Uncle Fester on Dragons Back.. A simply stunning ribbon of flowing trail!
  • darren555
    darren555 Posts: 194
    Follow the Dog from the campsite to the Weirwolf
  • mcj78
    mcj78 Posts: 634
    Spooky Wood @ Glentress is one of my faves, Magic Mushroom too, and the bottom section of the blue route is fast & fun whilst not being overly demanding on legs that are usually pretty burst by then!
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Oooooh, all of Whites Level and there's a really nice flowy section at the top of Penhyd (or however you spell it) that's nor particularly technical but utterly fabulous :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • I like the decent at Whinlatter just before the fireroad climb to the last decent where the jumps are... possibly my fav bit of trail right there!
  • Red Route
    Red Route Posts: 59
    Went To Cannock Chase Today, not been back long. Did Follow The Dog inc The Monkey Trail (never done Monkey Trail before)
    Boy it was tough, 16 miles, hot, dry, bumpy, slippy, steep downhill rock gardens, steep up & downhill rutted tight switchbacks with drops as you turn with big drops of the edge if you screw up. Fast banked swooping bits & the Rollers are fun! You have stay focussed continualy! Quite a few crashes today, one sounded nasty. Found some bits very tricky & was just hanging on a couple of times.
    Glad to get back in one piece bar a few small grazes & feeling knackered.
    Great fun (I thinK) & day out though!
    As tiring & more technical than the 30 miler I did in The Peaks a couple of weeks ago.