The Daily Mail sets a new low...

simonaspinall
simonaspinall Posts: 645
edited May 2010 in The bottom bracket
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z0p4MfaSjY

The comments just show the metality of scum bags who have no idea of life.

I tried to post a comment wishing the girl well on behalf of Bikeradar, but seriously...even as someone who expects the worst from the Daily Hate Mail i'm shocked.
What wheels...? Wheelsmith.co.uk!

Comments

• OMG!! :shock:

Are they actually serious in their comments?! Not ONE person expressed disgust at what happened to the poor girl.

That really is disgusting. :x

Vive les All Blacks!!! [:D]
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Stacey, from Plymouth, said: 'I looked behind me and the car was really close so I thought I would move over.

'I didn't think I was that far over, but my bike went head-first into barbed wire and the car just drove off. They knew I was there but they just left me.'

She said: 'The driver has ruined my life, especially if it's going to scar really badly, because I wanted to take up modelling. They've ruined my face.'

I must admit this makes me feel a little dubious. Unless there were witnesses to the apparent car menace it's just an 'I fell off my bike' story. I feel sorry for the girl, in the same way I feel sorry far anybody who is injured falling off a bike, but I think it was her reaction to the apparent car rather than the car itself that caused the damage. It sounds like she was looking over her shoulder and rode into a fence. The car could have been driving at 10mph or 100mph for the same scenario to happen.

As for the comments, you're right. They sums up the scummy idiots that read the Mail.

And what's with the colour balance in the first picture? If they compensated for the hospital lighting the pic would show the injuries better. All very amateur.
  • White Horse
    White Horse Posts: 161
    How the hell did so many people commenting on that story manage to have a rant about "cyclists"??!!!
    Note most cyclists treat all road users in a very dangerous manner because they are oblivious of the danger they are putting themselves and others in. Hence the reason most motorists and other road users are fed up with them.
    YEAH, RIGHT!!!!! Oh, dear.
    i would like to know why a lot of cyclists think that they can just cycle through red lights,pull out on roundabouts,cycle in pedeastrian areas and just generally do as they please..They arrogantly act as if the rules of the road do not apply to them and if a motorist knocked them off it would no doubt be the motorists fault.... I am sure there are good cyclists around but there are also an awful lot of bad ones.....

Oh that's OK. Your last caveat to your ill-informed rant makes that OK then.

And how did so many people mention road tax for the usual arguments to be chucked at them and then still more people go on about road tax? It's like shouting at a deaf person. Still, when all the DM readers wander off to Benidorm in the summer to go bright red and sit around eating their chips and egg moaning about how crap it is back home, there'll be less of them on the roads so our cycling will become safer for a couple of weeks. See - stereotypes are easy if you don't give them a moment's thought!
  • Thick Tester
    Thick Tester Posts: 380
    She's alive an will one day find someone she's happy to ride tandem with.......

Some are not so lucky lest we forget... If she wants to do some good she now has an opening to champion our rights.....

I guess she'll pass on that though
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    This is a picture of your average Daily Fail reader

33kc2sy.gif

No joke, I saw him reading an article about cross dressing immigrants who walk on OUR pavements! OUR!
  • Matt the Tester
    Matt the Tester Posts: 1,261
    How the hell did so many people commenting on that story manage to have a rant about "cyclists"??!!!
    Note most cyclists treat all road users in a very dangerous manner because they are oblivious of the danger they are putting themselves and others in. Hence the reason most motorists and other road users are fed up with them.
    YEAH, RIGHT!!!!! Oh, dear.
    i would like to know why a lot of cyclists think that they can just cycle through red lights,pull out on roundabouts,cycle in pedeastrian areas and just generally do as they please..They arrogantly act as if the rules of the road do not apply to them and if a motorist knocked them off it would no doubt be the motorists fault.... I am sure there are good cyclists around but there are also an awful lot of bad ones.....

Oh that's OK. Your last caveat to your ill-informed rant makes that OK then.

And how did so many people mention road tax for the usual arguments to be chucked at them and then still more people go on about road tax? It's like shouting at a deaf person. Still, when all the DM readers wander off to Benidorm in the summer to go bright red and sit around eating their chips and egg moaning about how crap it is back home, there'll be less of them on the roads so our cycling will become safer for a couple of weeks. See - stereotypes are easy if you don't give them a moment's thought!
    if i could i would slap the shit out of these people, these comments make me annoyed and thats very hard to do!!
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    i am livid - I dont live in the UK but is that is how low society there has fallen - get out those who can - its not just the initial act and Stacey's plight - its the insensitivity of the comments thereafter
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • MadammeMarie
    MadammeMarie Posts: 621
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1281511/Aspiring-model-Stacey-Courage-injured-bike-forced-barbed-wire-fence-car.html#ixzz0p4MfaSjY

The comments just show the metality of scum bags who have no idea of life.

I tried to post a comment wishing the girl well on behalf of Bikeradar, but seriously...even as someone who expects the worst from the Daily Hate Mail i'm shocked.

It's not only the comments that are shocking, it's the fact that many passers by saw what happened, saw a young girl with her face covered in blood, and they didn't do ANYTHING to help her.

She had 2 things going against her in this sick society: she is a cyclist, and she is young.
  • I cant believe the comments. Bunch of fecking animals.

£1.25 for sign up http://www.quidco.com/user/491172/42301

Cashback on wiggle,CRC,evans follow the link
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/MTBkarl
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    In general, I suspect Jealousy is at the root of some of these commentators posts (across the web) - for whatever reason, they can't or won't take part in a vigorous aerobic sport like cycling - and rather than give it (and the participants) the respect its/they're due, they'd rather be-little it, in whatever way they can. And they never seem to get the fact that many cyclists pay more road tax than many motorists :D

(cyclist & motorist)
  • tebbit
    tebbit Posts: 604
    The scum who read the Mail believe that they are decent, intelligent, caring members of the human, amazing what delusions these muppets have.
  • mattbass789
    mattbass789 Posts: 355
    The roads are paid for from general tax not the disk you have on the windscreen of your car. That disk is 'Vehicle Excise Duty'. The amount you pay depends on how much you pollute the atmosphere. Cyclist therefore pay the same as people who drive electric cars or other 'tax free' cars like Volkswagen Polo BlueMotion, Toyota iQ, Seat Ibiza Ecomotive etc and that is £0

- Tax payer, London, 26/5/2010 17:10

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z0p9f1PQ9b

Well said.
    “If you worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

@mattbeedham
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    The roads are paid for from general tax not the disk you have on the windscreen of your car. That disk is 'Vehicle Excise Duty'. The amount you pay depends on how much you pollute the atmosphere. Cyclist therefore pay the same as people who drive electric cars or other 'tax free' cars like Volkswagen Polo BlueMotion, Toyota iQ, Seat Ibiza Ecomotive etc and that is £0

- Tax payer, London, 26/5/2010 17:10

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z0p9f1PQ9b

Well said.

I wonder how well/badly rated that is. The lowlife on the mail site are shown by the fact that
    Still incredibly beautiful.
    is rated 7 (net) in the red. It's truly depressing.

See here for all your Mail bashing needs. :wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • It's not only the comments that are shocking, it's the fact that many passers by saw what happened, saw a young girl with her face covered in blood, and they didn't do ANYTHING to help her.

I find it difficult to believe that people would just ignore someone in such a bad way, maybe she's exagerating a little?
  • beverick
    beverick Posts: 3,461
    "...aspirations of becoming a model.": :shock:

Bob
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    It's not only the comments that are shocking, it's the fact that many passers by saw what happened, saw a young girl with her face covered in blood, and they didn't do ANYTHING to help her.

I find it difficult to believe that people would just ignore someone in such a bad way, maybe she's exagerating a little?

The REAL story would be very dull.....

Non-model falls off bike. There was a car somewhere in the county (allegedly). She hits a barbed wire fence. Passers-by may have seen her bleeding and may have helped. She was once quite fat, now she's just a bit chubby

.....hardly a story, hence the need for DM spin.

Personally I blame the Immigrant Farmer for outting up his unnecessarily sharp fence just because he was told to by Europe. Bloody foreigners, coming over here, maiming all our supermodels. I bet it will affect the price of my house! Lady Di was murdered, don't you know.
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    I can understand peoples' comments about those cyclists who ride through red lights, I see it a lot when out myself. The drivers next to me as I stop just look at me and shrug. I do my damnest to help drivers, I pull in when traffic's busy and they're trapped behind me, I wave them out or past. I have found that the vast majority of drivers thank me when I do such things, with a wave or a nod - although if it's a chav they normal launch a bottle at me... Idiots.
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    There are a lot of things in the story that make it slightly suspicious. It does sound almost as if she has just fallen off the bike and then made the story up round it, but I always try to belive the best in people until proven wrong. Some of the peoples reactions are just simply not needed.....there's no reson to attack her for wanting to be a model, she said model not supermodel - you don't need to be the best looking person to be a model, advertisers pick people as they are looking for a certain look and it's not always super attractive looks!

What I do find hard to believe is that a few people walked by when apparently she was holding her wounds as they were "pouring with blood". I can understand that if a cyclist is slightly hurt and walking around looking like they can handle it. I don't believe that people wouldn't want to get involved or couldn't be bothered helping if someone was stood there bleeding badly and greatly in need of help. When I had an accident no one came to help me but it's probably because I was up on my feet straight away and carrying my bike to the side of the road. If I had just lay there, or walked around with blood pouring out of my kneck I would think it would be a different story!
  • magicrhodes
    magicrhodes Posts: 123
    Feeling. So. Much. Rage.

Its the kind of thing that makes me want to dive into the debate but I don't want to give them the joy. Horrible, horrible people!!!
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    edited May 2010
    GiantMike wrote:

The REAL story would be very dull.....

Non-model falls off bike. There was a car somewhere in the county (allegedly). She hits a barbed wire fence. Passers-by may have seen her bleeding and may have helped. She was once quite fat, now she's just a bit chubby

.....hardly a story, hence the need for DM spin.

Personally I blame the Immigrant Farmer for outting up his unnecessarily sharp fence just because he was told to by Europe. Bloody foreigners, coming over here, maiming all our supermodels. I bet it will affect the price of my house! Lady Di was murdered, don't you know.

ah you're not going far enough

the real story is the daily mail random story spiteometer spat out cyclists as the figures of hate for today:

Work experience temp at DM offices is made to wear prosthetic cuts and grazes and photographed in wierd yellow lit room for effect whilst a non story is concocted to allow the knuckle dragging foamy mouthed simpleton readership the opportunity to have another therapeutic little rant at bliddy cyclicts, red light jumping and road tax.

*all made up of course by me
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Agreed, they are nasty feckers.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.