GONE

cycleninjas
cycleninjas Posts: 13
edited May 2010 in MTB general
GONE

Comments

• I have ordered the cleaner/bombs, easy process no card details needed, p.s. the second click here for options and pricing link (green) sends to a invalid page, the top and bottom link still work though, Cheers, Dan
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Afternoon Robin.

I've signed up for one of said freebies, prepare for constructive feedback :D

As for the site, you've got a broken hyperlink on the page:

http://www.cycleninjas.com/bike-cleaning-bombs/#

It's the second green button down, marked "See our options and pricing"

Gives a 404 error.

You're also claiming it to be "The Only All-In-One Bike Cleaner"

but as far as I can see, it's a cleaner/degreaser, in much the same way as Fenwicks FS1 is.

Fenwicks concentrate also works out cheaper, with a 1l bottle of concentrate making 10l of cleaner.

HOWEVER! I do like the way this comes in solid form. It's only a small thing, but it means I can carry them with me without worrying that the bottle's going to burst all over all my stuff.
  • Cferg
    Cferg Posts: 347
    edited May 2010
    I've also just signed up for this, watched the video and am looking forward to trying this out on my bike :)

Seems like a well organised and well thought out idea behind your product, hope all goes well.

Will give feedback as soon as I've used it :)
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    again just ordered...

no card details required...nice way to introduce yourself too. :D

Will give honest feedback after washing....

will probably be washing 2 bikes at the same time, so will do one with your bomb, and the other with another branded bike cleaner to give me a decent comparison.

Good luck.

C
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    Ordered :D Will be good to compare it to Fenwicks which is great, but needs quite alot for muddy bikes :P Thanks!
  • fredy
    fredy Posts: 308
    On the blog page, under the heading "ridiculous deal!!!..." there seems to be some mumbo jumbo that goes my the form of :
    '_evpInit(‘Y24tc21hbGxlci0xLmZsdg==’);'
    which i don't think is supposed to be there.
  • JonnyN
    JonnyN Posts: 181
    edited May 2010
    Done!

You are being compared to muc-off and the mighty sponge!
    "Time you enjoy wasting, is not a waste of time"

"I'm too young to be too old for this shit"

Specialized FSRxc Expert 2008
    Kona Stinky 2008 (Deceased)
    Trek Scratch Air 8 2010 (Work in Progress)
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Ordered 8)
    Let's see how good it is of removing the good old Dark Peak clagg 8)
  • spud-face
    spud-face Posts: 120
    signed up to give it a stab, will let you know how it gets on. nifty video - reminds me of the innocent smoothies style a bit. maybe turn the volume up a touch though, deafened myself unpausing spotify afterwards. is it me or do the thingies look like they're made out of the topping on ladyfingers (least smutty similarity i can think of)?
    ad
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    Thank you Robin

1 year of city grime coming up as well as Thetford mud...
  • nickfrog
    nickfrog Posts: 610
    Ordered. Can't wait to test it. I love free things.
  • largephil
    largephil Posts: 358
    Ordered, Thanks, will give them a try out soon 8)
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    done,
    usually use fenwicks FS1/10 so can compare
  • all gone
  • yoohoo999
    yoohoo999 Posts: 940
    Done.

Overall I like it!

A couple of points:

When on the homepage, moving the mouse over "Home" at the top of the page, a text cursor appears instead of a little pointer as seen on the other options. I'm using IE 8

I like the design, however it took me a little while to work out what was going on, and exactly what it was that you are selling.

I think it's an interesting product and that you should try to capture the visitor's attention immediately. Whilst the video is a great idea, it's not until you watch that, or click on "options and pricing" that you really work out what you're selling.

People are impatient, they like to SEE things quickly and easily. I would probably have a picutre of the packaging (which is interesting and makes me want to know more about what it is) somewhere prominent on the main page.

Draw people in to all your other info (i.e. pricing and the video) by capturing their attention with the quirky looking product.

On a similar basis, I would make your page and section titles more snappy - for example, on the pricing parge you have the following wording along the top "Fall In Love With Bike Clean Bombs In 60-Days Or Less… Or Your Money Back"

I think that it's a great sales line, but again, you need to make the actual PRODUCT more central to the page, with that text as more of a sub heading. Perhaps some sort of logo for the product that grips attention more than just black text. Use the product to sell itself, with your money back guarantee as a sweetner.

It's a cool product and you could do a lot with the branding, doesn't have to be sophisticated, just enough to make it more distinct and recognisable, which would in turn make the website more direct and clear.

It's great so far though! :)
  • NDawn
    NDawn Posts: 238
    Nice :)

However with no offence intended, there are a couple of spelling mistakes on there.
    Bike clean bombs contain no harmful ingredients to you, your bike or our planet,
    their biodegradable and use naturally derived ingredients mostly from oranges and coconuts.

Should be they're.

and
    That’s why bike clean bombs come small but pack a big punch, there not pre-mixed
    and watered down.

Should be they're again.

Please don't take that as a negative :) I like the site and the look of the product, and good luck with the business.
  • fredy
    fredy Posts: 308
    yoohoo999 wrote:
    Done.

Overall I like it!

A couple of points:

When on the homepage, moving the mouse over "Home" at the top of the page, a text cursor appears instead of a little pointer as seen on the other options. I'm using IE 8

I like the design, however it took me a little while to work out what was going on, and exactly what it was that you are selling.

I think it's an interesting product and that you should try to capture the visitor's attention immediately. Whilst the video is a great idea, it's not until you watch that, or click on "options and pricing" that you really work out what you're selling.

People are impatient, they like to SEE things quickly and easily. I would probably have a picutre of the packaging (which is interesting and makes me want to know more about what it is) somewhere prominent on the main page.

Draw people in to all your other info (i.e. pricing and the video) by capturing their attention with the quirky looking product.

On a similar basis, I would make your page and section titles more snappy - for example, on the pricing parge you have the following wording along the top "Fall In Love With Bike Clean Bombs In 60-Days Or Less… Or Your Money Back"

I think that it's a great sales line, but again, you need to make the actual PRODUCT more central to the page, with that text as more of a sub heading. Perhaps some sort of logo for the product that grips attention more than just black text. Use the product to sell itself, with your money back guarantee as a sweetner.

It's a cool product and you could do a lot with the branding, doesn't have to be sophisticated, just enough to make it more distinct and recognisable, which would in turn make the website more direct and clear.

It's great so far though! :)

+1.
    I also agree with the volume on the video , it is very quiet. There are also quite a few gramatical errors through out the site. Mostly, regarding the words, there, their, they're and your/you're.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I think I might break a bit off mine and see if it cleans the bog.
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    supersonic wrote:
    I think I might break a bit off mine and see if it cleans the bog.

photo's of you cleaning said bog or it didn't happen.
    :D
  • Thread8
    Thread8 Posts: 479
    I was too late :(
    Haro Thread 8
    Please help!

"It's like parkour, on a bike"
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    fluffy pink loo seat ?
    you mincer :lol:

thankfully there were no close-ups of the log.
  • Louis84
    Louis84 Posts: 135
    Knackers! just missed it!
  • rowlers
    rowlers Posts: 1,614
  • Miggins
    Miggins Posts: 433
    edited May 2010
    Deleted. Sent this post in a PM instead.
    After uphill there's downhill
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    Miggins wrote:

Sorry to be really anal; it's a real pet-hate of mine. I've cut and pasted your text from the site and corrected it. I hope you're not offended, but I'd like to see you do well out of this and first impressions are important. :wink:

Each Bike Clean Bomb boasts the best value for money on the market today
    thanks to their unique concentrated water-soluble formula and wash-degrease action,
    producing 1L of bike cleaner or 250ml of fizzy degrease solution. Not only that,
    Bike Clean Bombs contain no ingredients harmful to you, your bike or our planet.
    They're biodegradable and use naturally derived ingredients mostly from oranges and coconuts.

Can I be anal too? I'm stuck indoors, haven't been out mtbing in a fortnight- get this way I'm afraid, it happens.
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • Miggins
    Miggins Posts: 433
    I'm stuck indoors, haven't been out mtbing in a fortnight- get this way I'm afraid, it happens.

Just wish I had an excuse for being anal! Maybe I need a check-up from the neck up.
    After uphill there's downhill