Richmond 5 Dales - Garmin Edge course required.

Steve GT
Steve GT Posts: 383
I know it’s a long shot, but has anyone who did last year’s Richmond 5 Dales ride (or any prior to that) record their ride on a Garmin Edge 705 or something similar? I would like to load it to my 705 and use the virtual partner facility to pace myself on Saturday. Ideally, I am looking for a moving time of 06:40 – 06:50.
Many thanks.
Crediamo in te, bici!
My Bikes.

Comments

• Here are this years routes

http://www.richmondcyclingclub.co.uk/as ... rtives.pdf

Put it into www.mapometer.com/en and then download the .gpx file and pop that into your garmin. From what I heard about last years course it was very well signposted
  • Steve GT
    Thanks, but I have the course loaded. I was hoping to use the virtual partner feature of the Garmin Edge 705. For that I would need someone who has already done the course as it's the times I am looking for.
    Crediamo in te, bici!
    My Bikes.
  • D'oh, should have read the question
  • Might have mine from last year, I'll check.

I did it in 06-37 so should be inline with your schedule.
  • Steve GT
    Might have mine from last year, I'll check.

I did it in 06-37 so should be inline with your schedule.

Thanks a million. It would great if you still have it. :D
    Crediamo in te, bici!
    My Bikes.
  • rushdy
    rushdy Posts: 1
    Hi guys!

I'm web admin for the Richmond Cycling Club. Sorry there's no GPS routes posted for this years events. I've got a shiny new Edge 500 on the way, so fingers crossed I'll be recording the 50 this time (ignore the parts where I'm pushing my bike!). If you're riding the sportives and have a GPS, I'd love to hear from you. We could definitely make use of your routes for next years events (50 included in case I run into any glitches!)

Thanks again,

James
  • Found it, PM me for the details. Could the course and the workout and happy to send to anyone who wants them.
  • pendulum
    pendulum Posts: 30
    Go to www.connect.garmin.com and search on the Explore tab, there's a few of each route there you can upload.
    dyslexia rules KO
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    I'm not sure that using someone else's ride to pace yourself is a good idea. We all have different strengths and weaknesses and different approaches to different hills.
    More problems but still living....
  • peter_andrew
    peter_andrew Posts: 373
    Before you load the route from routing site, you can alter speed on flat and climbs that will then set virtual partner time towhat ever you want i think

Peter