Cannock chase vs Lee quarry

barnyb
barnyb Posts: 38
edited May 2010 in Routes
Hi , Im heading to the peaks this weekend but on route I was thinking of taking in some manmade singletrack, we are all riding hardtails. Unless there are any other localish trail centres, Im undesided between cannock or lee..

cheers

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Never been to Lee but no probs doing Cannock on a hardtail.
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    I think you can do most, it not any trail in the uk on a hardtail, what did we all do before full-sus bikes and what did we all do before front suspension came out.

To use an old phrase "it's what you do with it that counts".

Certainly no reason why you can't do Cannock on one that's for sure.
    Craig Rogers
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    More a case of what sort of riding do you want to do. Lee Quarry is very rocky and techinical, ideal for honing skills but unless you know how to get across to Cragg Quarry as well it's not an XC long distance route. Lee Quarry is very different from most trail centres. Can you ride Lee Quarry on a hardtail, yes, lots of people do, personally I prefer to ride my FS there.

As a matter of interest which direction are you coming from, Cannock / Lee Quarry are at opposite ends of the peaks. Might be worth considering Gisburn Forest as well, more like a standard trail centre, still excellent though (but then I would say that as I've built quite a lot of it).
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result