Basic maintenance regime and essential workshop tools?

big_den
big_den Posts: 13
edited May 2010 in Workshop
Just bought my first carbon road bike (Orbea) after many years away from cycling and wondered if the brethren could suggest a basic maintenance program for keeping my machine in tip top condition? What should I do and in what order to keep it ticking over? Also I would appreciate suggestions for essentials tools as I build my (shed) workshop tool kit up from scratch. Finally any suggestions as to useful web sites on maintenance or books/manuals?
Thanks
Big Den

Comments

• acidstrato
    acidstrato Posts: 945
    thoroghly clean and relube the chain every so often and wipe over the chain rings and cassette, mechs, jockey wheels when they get grimey. other than that just keep the bike generally clean and add abit of grease to parts that are metal on metal (or CF) every few months

not really any more to it unless I've overlooked something for the last 5 years. no real need to be more cautious with a carbon frame

chain splitter and a powerlink would be a worth investment if you dont already have one
    cassette socket, a tool for what ever bb you have and a set of allen keys is all you really need
    Crafted in Italy apparantly