Dr. Brendan Venter

jimmythecuckoo
jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
edited May 2010 in The bottom bracket
Did anyone else hear his hilarious interview on Radio 5-Live last night?

This guy is the Jose Mourinho or rugby union and is messing with the establishments minds.

He has got such a siege mentality going over the 14 match ban and "Biscuitgate" that it wouldn't surprise me if Sarries beat Leicester on Saturday evening.

The man is a legend.

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
    I can see his point. The RFU pretty much accepted his innocence other than the fact he stood up deliberately (why would a coach need to see the game?) and yet hammered him with the sort of ban they fail to give to eye gougers and those who stamp on people. Maybe Leicester should be put in front of the RFU to explain why they fail to offer the away coaches a suitable view of the whole pitch. From what Ian Robertson said it sounded like he was sympathetic on the basis that things aren't much better for commentators. At least Venter wasn't apologetic.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    Word for word his press conferences offer more value than Mourinho.

I really hope Sarries win.
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Mr Cuckoo: Who was the interviewer, Steven, Dotun?

I normally listen to R5L, as I'm a bit of an insomniac.

I'll try to go to the "listen again thing".
  • Pross
    It was Ian Robertson I believe.
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Thanks Pross.

If you hear any stupid jokes on there, it's probably me!
    Tend to text in when I can't sleep.

Mrs thinks doing more household chores might help tire me out,
    but then I'd miss all the late-night radio shows...
  • jimmythecuckoo
    Pross wrote:
    It was Ian Robertson I believe.
    It was indeed, there is some highlights in written form on the BBC Sport website.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Great quote...

Perhaps it's time for English rugby to be run like a modern professional sport and not a rural prep school

Saracens chief Edward Griffiths
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Did anyone else hear his hilarious interview on Radio 5-Live last night?

This guy is the Jose Mourinho or rugby union and is messing with the establishments minds.

He has got such a siege mentality going over the 14 match ban and "Biscuitgate" that it wouldn't surprise me if Sarries beat Leicester on Saturday evening.

The man is a legend.

Having seen him play on a few occasions, I can tell you he's one tough cookie!!
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Pross
    Can't believe the RFU upheld his appeal and reduced the ban to 10 weeks! It makes no difference, either way he misses one game - a very important one. As I said in my earlier post, you see players getting away with less serious bans for offences which could cause serious damage to other players. It's a complete farce but at least reassuring to know the RFU are just as bad as the WRU.