License needed for cyclocross nationals

chris281192
chris281192 Posts: 189
edited May 2010 in Amateur race
Hi, i have been doing time trials for the last few years now, but last year i decided to have a go at cross. Needless to say, i loved it, but only got the opportunity to enter 2 races, one if which ended quickly as my rear mech disintegrated, the other i finished within the top half.

Anyway, to the point, i am intending on having a genuine go at cyclocross this year, and have a bash at some/all of the national trophy series events. But given that i am only a 4th cat junior, will i be able to? if not is there anything i can do to become eligible?

Thanks for any help!
It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.

Comments

• Adamskii
    Adamskii Posts: 267
    There are no catogories in cross other than age. Junior, Senior, Vet 40, 50, 60 etc.

Were do you live? Which local league?

My advice would be to do as many races as you can in your local league. As the season develops and (with training) you develop start looking at some national races. You probably need to be finishing in or around the top ten in your local league in order to be competative at national level. Depending on the league.

You could just give it ago but the racing will be fast and furious so don't be dishartend if you struggle to begin with.
    It's all good.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,135
    That's excellent advise - also a national series is just that so can involve a lot of travelling and cost to you (or your parents!). Most areas will have regular events locally and then maybe enter the round of the national series that is closest to you to get an idea of how hard it is. If you feel you fit in then consider doing some more if you can afford the cost and time.
  • chris281192
    chris281192 Posts: 189
    Thanks for the replies guys, due to exams at the start of summer, i always peaks at hillcimb season- around autumn time. Last year i only bought a cross bike in november, so by the time i was into it the season had pretty much finished.

I live in the north west, so im going to have a go at some of the yorkshire summer series, and maybe the 3 peaks, and see how it goes.

Thanks again.
    It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.