Lancashire Loop

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
Has anyone does this before. I can't find any info on the route only that it starts at Cockerham.
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• kinesin
    kinesin Posts: 100
    Not done it, but found this from I assume last years run. No idea if it's the same route.

http://www.cycle-route.com/routes/Lancashire_Loop_via_Cockerham_and_Clitheroe-Cycle-Route-3870.html
  • Variance
    Variance Posts: 130
    Thats the 100 mile ride i think, there is a 50 mile option too, which goes from Cockerham through galgate, street, bleasdale, chipping, inglewhite garstang pilling and back to cockerham.

did this last year and was a good event, will be doing it again this year
  • lukasran
    lukasran Posts: 53
    yes that is the route, i too did it last year, a hilly first half and flatish sencond half from what i can remember. looking forward to it again.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    super duper. I take it they have food stops and such like?
  • Variance
    There was 2 on the 50 miler. Not sure about the other
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Any idea where I could find the map for the 50 mile route, please?
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • Variance
    http://ridewithgps.com/users/8693

Its hilly at 1st but the second half is pretty flat
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Much appreciated, many thanks.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    Tis where I live :wink:

Not sure if I'm doing it though, as there is a whiff of a rumour that an Alps trip could be happening around that time. I like Cockerham but I like the Alps more.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Incidentally at the food stops is it free or do you pay, I've been on one you see.
  • lukasran
    lukasran Posts: 53
    the food stops, 2, were manned by womens institute i think and you had to pay but not much, infact they just gave it to me cause i didnt have any money on me, lame on me.
  • Variance
    maddog 2 wrote:
    Tis where I live :wink:

Not sure if I'm doing it though, as there is a whiff of a rumour that an Alps trip could be happening around that time. I like Cockerham but I like the Alps more.

Tis also where I live, the route goes past my house!!