Vulcan ladies - OS bar or standard? Stem length?

ste_t
ste_t Posts: 1,599
edited May 2010 in MTB general
Does anyone know if the ladies Carrera Vulcan has OS or standard bars and the length of the stem?

A work colleague has bought one in 16" which is too big and there are no 14" available so I need to see if I can make the cockpit a bit tighter. She did try it in the shop and said she didn't feel comfortable, but the guy in the store assured her that it was fine even though it is blatantly too big for her. :roll: Then to make it worse, they told her that she could only buy it there and then if she bought an accessory of some description otherwise she would have to wait!

Comments

• arcing
    arcing Posts: 57
    can't tell you the stem length but it's a standard bar.
  • omegas
    omegas Posts: 970
    The only answer to this is to take the bike back if it’s too big. Arm yourself with some info off here about choosing the correct frame size and demand your money back.
  • skullthaw
    skullthaw Posts: 321
    the stem is 90mm
    2 Broken fingers broken again... F@$%^£g hell that hurt!!!

92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.
    METAL!!!!!
  • ste_t
    Cheers for the help guys. I would say that at 5' 2" a bike with 1 16" frame and 90mm stem would be blatently too big for her and would have been obvious to whoever was selling her the bike. Got some advice from my helpful local Halfords store, (some people's local stores might not be much cop, but I've always found ours to be spot on,) and will be getting her to demand they swap it for the correct size. :D
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    ste_t wrote:
    She did try it in the shop and said she didn't feel comfortable, but the guy in the store assured her that it was fine even though it is blatantly too big for her. :roll: Then to make it worse, they told her that she could only buy it there and then if she bought an accessory of some description otherwise she would have to wait!
    Priceless :lol:
  • Oxygen Thief
    Oxygen Thief Posts: 649
    Halfrauds is it?
  • ste_t
    Halfrauds is it?

It was a halfords store, seemingly brimming with bad practices, But as is so often mentioned here, some are good and some are bad, just like with lbs's. I've always found the Llandudno store to be very helpful and good to deal with, hence why I called them for advice.