Manchester Scam Uncovered

AndyManc
AndyManc Posts: 1,393
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
If you ever wondered why the driving standards in Manchester are so appalling , read on .

"Some motorists have been driving without fear of prosecution and with absolutely no regard for the rules of the road"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/8702799.stm

Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
URBAN_MANC.png

Comments

• Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    As if having the best footie team in the land wasn't enough. Now we have something else to be really proud of. Not!
  • AndyManc
    edited May 2010
    Here's 2 more links to p iss you off .

Enjoy the sunshine while you can – as Manchester could be in for one of the worst summers since 1900.

“If this forecast proves to be broadly correct, then we could expect next winter to repeat the one we've had this year."

Don't worry this forecaster is always wrong, I don't know why the M E N keeps reporting his opinion.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1240974_weatherman_harry_kershaw_predicts_a_damp_summer

and ..........

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1240920_victoria_station_revamp_scrapped_as_cuts_start_to_bite

I bet the cycling facility at Piccadilly station will also be axed.

BTW the M E N is a pathetic rag, always full of anti cycling B/S.

Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    nice - gorton is allegedly top destination in the uk for uninsured drivers as well, who invariably don't have a licence or tax and driving a stolen motor....
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • AndyManc
    edhornby wrote:
    nice - gorton is allegedly top destination in the uk for uninsured drivers as well, who invariably don't have a licence or tax and driving a stolen motor....

It's become far,far worse this year ... nutters all over the place, I spend half the time jumping on the pavement avoiding idiots doing twice the speed limit, or those doing hand brake turns in the middle of the road.

Time to get my head-cam back on.

URBAN_MANC.png
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Avoid Gorton..I do......... :shock:
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    AndyManc wrote:
    BTW the M E N is a pathetic rag, always full of anti cycling B/S.

I once saw a MEN headline that read "Paedophile social worker is member of Real IRA"

It ticks all the boxes for a "feelbad" story. Just as a Mail (editor?) said that to sell papers he needed to give his readers a "morning hate".
  • AndyManc
    jimmypippa wrote:

I once saw a MEN headline that read "Paedophile social worker is member of Real IRA"

It ticks all the boxes for a "feelbad" story. Just as a Mail (editor?) said that to sell papers he needed to give his readers a "morning hate".

I'm sure there will be a day when the headline will read .................

Paedophile Cycing social worker claiming benefits while training for Al-Qaeda is found to be ..... overweight
    :shock:

Yep , the masses have got to feel secure by targeting hate of a minority.

When I was a kid society was united by watching the Morcambe and Wise Christmas show, far less damaging . :roll:

URBAN_MANC.png
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Quote from Sgt Mark Beales in the article: "Driving laws are not in place to penalise drivers. They are intended to ensure the safety of motorists and pedestrians and must be upheld."

and where do cyclists fit in Sgt Beales

TBH I don't find Gorton on my daily commute any worse than the rest of Manchester. Maybe I've got lower expectations of drivers or a higher dickhead threshold (or maybe its my mirror that alerts me to upcomming danger sooner: can + worms :wink: ) the bits round there that scare me are further up through Droylsden centre and heading into Ashton where the M60 feeds off and then the road narrows. The Metrolink on the roads is going to make things worse for us too.
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362

[Daily Mail Headline]Police end motorist scam, cyclist still not happy[/Daily Mail Headline]
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Tonymufc wrote:
    As if having the best footie team in the land wasn't enough. Now we have something else to be really proud of. Not!

Chelsea is in london
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Attica wrote:

[Daily Mail Headline]Police end motorist scam, cyclist still not happy[/Daily Mail Headline]

:lol: (I think)

this particular cyclist works for that organisation and is made to feel like a second class citizen for choosing to ride a bike. I'm simply concerned that the institutional lack of interest and concern for cycling issues that I've experienced within the force seems to permeate to officers on the streets that should be giving consideration to all road users.

Cyclists are by far the largest minority group of road user and spend far more time on the carriageway interacting directly with the cars than pedestrians do is all I'm saying like.
  • further
    further Posts: 52
    Move to Liverpool, it's more civilised.