Tour Of Britain - Newtown to Swansea

jackfeeder
jackfeeder Posts: 269
edited May 2010 in Pro race
Does anyone know the exact route they'll take on this stage?
Trying to suss out the best place to watch it, apart from Constitution Hill in Swansea (will to have a crack at that before Sept if I'm feeling brave one day).
All my life I've wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more specific.

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,230
    From what I can make out from the marker pen on OS map on the website it is:-

A483 to south to Builth Wells and then west on the same road to Llandovery.
    A4069 to Llangadog, over the Black Mountain
    Join A474 south to Pontardawe
    It's hard to follow from Ynystawe but possibly Garth Road, Ynys Allan Road, Walters Road, A4217 (Jersey Road) or possibly Neath Road

Once in Swansea it gets impossible to follow but I would assume Walter Road then up Constitution Hill with the finish at the top. My aim will be to see the roll out then try to watch on the Black Mountain and then get down to Constitution Hill for the finish but that may be difficult with there only being about an hours riding between the two points.
  • jackfeeder
    jackfeeder Posts: 269
    That would be great to see them go over the Black Mountain and then get to Swansea in time to see the finish - cool :D - the pro's riding the same routes as I train on. Logistically though it's probably going to have to be one or the other :?
    All my life I've wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more specific.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,230
    Yep, there's not enough road options to get past them early so would probably have to go through Ammanford which will take 50 minutes then trying to park and get a vantage point at the finish. I'll probably watch the finish, watched there the year they did 3 or 4 circuits and njoyed seeing the pros having to resort to walking :lol:
  • ynyswen24
    ynyswen24 Posts: 703
    Black Mountain then into GwaenCaeGurwen for a coffee in Cresci's. It's the only way...